Bahamas Visa

luvsboozecruises

5 minutes ago, luvsboozecruises said:

Anyone have any update on the Bahamas and the Visa that is needed to get off the ship. I'll be on the getaway 3/20/22 sailing..

The Bahamas require a Visa for US citizens to visit?

1 hour ago, luvsboozecruises said:

Anyone have any update on the Bahamas and the Visa that is needed to get off the ship. I'll be on the getaway 3/20/22 sailing..

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

The Bahamas require a Visa for US citizens to visit?

1 hour ago, Beer Belly said:

I believe they are confusing Visa with Passport......personally I do not know, but will have our Passport on the April 3rd sailing just in case.

I think the question is referring to a "health visa" but AFAIK this isn't required for cruise passengers who embarked a cruise in the US that is making a port call in the Bahamas, but is intended for those arriving in the Bahamas by air.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I think the question is referring to a "health visa" but AFAIK this isn't required for cruise passengers who embarked a cruise in the US that is making a port call in the Bahamas, but is intended for those arriving in the Bahamas by air.

Was on the website today, it says you need to fill out application or you can't get off the ship..

Just now, shof515 said:

I am sailing on the Getaway this weekend to Nassau Bahamas and so far nothing has been sent to me from NCL about this

Right... and there's no mention of it on NCL's website, while there are detailed instructions for cruising to Bermuda, which does require a health visa application for cruise passengers. That difference makes it rather obvious.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, luvsboozecruises said:

Was on the website today, it says you need to fill out application or you can't get off the ship..

10 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I am sailing on the Getaway this weekend to Nassau Bahamas and so far nothing has been sent to me from NCL about this

Celebrity specifically states that a health visa is not required for a Bahamas port call and The Bahamas do not have different rules for different cruise lines.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Guests visiting the Bahamas on any sailing departing from the US, do not need to apply for the health visa. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Celebrity specifically states that a health visa is not required for a Bahamas port call and The Bahamas do not have different rules for different cruise lines.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Guests visiting the Bahamas on any sailing departing from the US, do not need to apply for the health visa. 

Thank you for that information

2 hours ago, luvsboozecruises said:

Unless something changed, you do not need a Bahamas Health Visa, nor do you have to pay for Bahamas COVID insurance if you are doing a one day port call.

Those of us who embarked in Nassau needed a visa and insurance, but that was to enter the country via plane. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Unless something changed, you do not need a Bahamas Health Visa, nor do you have to pay for Bahamas COVID insurance if you are doing a one day port call.

Those of us who embarked in Nassau needed a visa and insurance, but that was to enter the country via plane. 

Thank you for your help

• Like 1