The Daily for Thursday 02/17/2022

richwmn

Good morning all!

Very stormy day today. We’re supposed to get severe weather later as the front comes barreling through. Hopefully we don’t lose power, but we have a generator just in case. 

Nice collection of days, food, and drinks. I always think of that old song “Harper Valley PTA” when someone mentions that subject 😁

Those port pics look very nice. I’d like to do there someday. 

Speaking of the Shingrix vaccine - my second one kicked my tookus! Glad there weren’t any more. 

When I open a wine that turns out to be not very good, I save it for cooking. Pot roast if it’s a red, ham if it’s a white. 

Love the memes - highlight of my day!

Yesterday I noticed some other green things starting to poke up so hopefully they are pretty flowers. This is our first spring in our TN house, so not sure what is where yet for flowering things. 

Edited by Navybikermom
  • Like 22

Good morning, all.  Thanks to Rich, Roy, Jacqui and the F & D ladies!  Looking good!  They were unpacking flank steaks at Costco yesterday, and I almost bought one, but in the end, didn't.  Now I regret it... but DD usually makes us chicken fajitas, as she doesn't eat red meats.  We are leaving soon for me to be assessed for a physio program my doctor recommended - it's called GLA:D, designed in Denmark.  I guess I will find out more about it.  And we've heard from our PCC and have to start thinking about flights to Europe in July. and home again from Boston.

We've been to Flam, it's a pretty little town, and we took the train, so my pictures are just like everyone else's!   We took the train as a ship's tour though, and stopped about 2/3s of the way up for a fancy tea in a hotel.  If we go again, we will go all the way up.  But we will not be walking down!  Eek....

Flam and the train station from the ship

P1020301.thumb.jpg.adfc703a5d1001176e3223afadf946a2.jpg

P1040488.thumb.JPG.cbe3edde21a87c10c5fd7421d8dafb1f.JPG

One of many waterfalls

P1020340.thumb.JPG.678a17b867542ad1ac1332419ef72988.JPG

The hotel where we stopped for tea.

P1040518.thumb.JPG.23ee9d6bb8932a09268f85e11b3751c0.JPG

Some of the countryside

P1020353.thumb.JPG.a6e7a6499183609b9731c559ed4d5fa4.JPG

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from SW Florida, another day in the 80s coming up.

I try to be kind to everyone I meet but sometimes it’s really

hard.

I like Steak Fajitas but Chicken is better.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks for The Daily.

what no golf today??? just kidding.  but the Genesis is starting from California.

Agree Steak Fajitas are slightly better than chicken because of the juices. yum

• Like 12

4 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from an overcast but warm day at the beach

We have not been to todays port, looking forward to pictures

@rafinmd Have a wonderful trip. Enjoy your time back on board.

I have been anxiously waiting to see if Australia is going to open. Cruise ban extended again.      All Australia and New Zealand ports removed. Showed other ships but not ours.  So I will continue to wait and hope it was a glitch.

Playing golf this afternoon. Always a good time.

Aw yes NZ and Australia. I was supposed to be in that region in 2020 and during election time. so my cruise obviously was canceled and so I was unhappy at home having to listen to all the voting news.

Wanted to avoid it but - oh well.

enjoy your golf and then watch the Genesis from Cal.

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Navybikermom said:

Speaking of the Shingrix vaccine - my second one kicked my tookus! Glad there weren’t any more.

Us too!  But beats the shingles!  
@Vict0riann great photos!  Thanks! 
@bdrcole we have to wait a bit for all our forms, some don’t even come out until March,  oh well! 

24E0C228-8CB5-49BB-9729-4485C8460FDC.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 14
  • Haha 14

13 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Flam and the train station from the ship

P1020301.thumb.jpg.adfc703a5d1001176e3223afadf946a2.jpg

P1040488.thumb.JPG.cbe3edde21a87c10c5fd7421d8dafb1f.JPG

One of many waterfalls

P1020340.thumb.JPG.678a17b867542ad1ac1332419ef72988.JPG

The hotel where we stopped for tea.

P1040518.thumb.JPG.23ee9d6bb8932a09268f85e11b3751c0.JPG

Some of the countryside

P1020353.thumb.JPG.a6e7a6499183609b9731c559ed4d5fa4.JPG

Nice photos from you and from Lenda.  Love a sunny day!  I took a photo of some of the train stations we passed by.  Here is the one where your hotel is apparently.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOg-B-E_qYsMQFFOKjv9uJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080656

But I sure couldn't face walking the 13 miles back down from Myrdal!!

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I want to share this photo DD took last night when she, DSIL and the grandsons went night-time skiing.  I thought it was beautiful.

1773906928_nighttimeskiing.thumb.jpg.5b6c9e0718b721a094452e016510179c.jpg

wow what a pretty photo.  I have heard that night skiing can be quite enjoyable.

thanks for sharing

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

In regards to, FLAM I thought I read somewhere that they were trying to discourage ships going to FLAM in the future.  

time will tell I guess

Unfortunatley, a lot of great ports are discouraging or banning ships.  Wonder how they'll feel once they realize how much money they are losing?

Lenda

• Like 13

Just now, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Unfortunatley, a lot of great ports are discouraging or banning ships.  Wonder how they'll feel once they realize how much money they are losing?

Lenda

yea and I would have had this change on my 2021 cruise that in the end never happened.

I am glad I got to go to Key West on the N Amsterdam a few years back.

Also glad I got to sail into Anchorage on the Amsterdam (the one that was sold).

ships no long do this.  I guess the dredging worked for just one year.

• Like 11

50 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

what no golf today??? just kidding.  but the Genesis is starting from California.

Agree Steak Fajitas are slightly better than chicken because of the juices. yum

At 76 I'm down to 3 days a week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the old bones and muscles sometimes don't want to perform 2 days in a row but I'm still playing to a 6 handicap which along with Aleve keeps me coming back. I played a lot of tennis back in the day and along with golf took a toll on my body.

Good field for the Genesis in Los Angeles, Spieth off to a good start but still no Phil.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, MISTER 67 said:

At 76 I'm down to 3 days a week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the old bones and muscles sometimes don't want to perform 2 days in a row but I'm still playing to a 6 handicap which along with Aleve keeps me coming back. I played a lot of tennis back in the day and along with golf took a toll on my body.

Good field for the Genesis in Los Angeles, Spieth off to a good start but still no Phil.

me thinks Phil is limiting himself and will end up on the champions tour.  I also think he is in the middle of building a house in FL and leaving CA.

I just want to see Bubba W, Matt K, and Zack Johnson win 1 more time on the PGA.  Oh, also Ian Poulter.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

oh and I was kidding too about playing today.  Nice to be able to chat about golf at least once a week with someone.  I cannot play but I love to watch.  i have been lucky enough to see the mother course in Scotland and I was once just walking around pebble beach and got hollered at to get off the course.  

toodles

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

oh and I was kidding too about playing today.  Nice to be able to chat about golf at least once a week with someone.  I cannot play but I love to watch.  i have been lucky enough to see the mother course in Scotland and I was once just walking around pebble beach and got hollered at to get off the course.  

toodles

Pebble was on my Golf bucket list and had a tee time about 20 years ago but had to cancel due to personal reasons, did get to attend the Masters in 2001 which was also on the bucket list.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

toodles

The Daily could use a Golf Editor - or two @MISTER 67.😎

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Pebble was on my Golf bucket list and had a tee time about 20 years ago but had to cancel due to personal reasons, did get to attend the Masters in 2001 which was also on the bucket list.

sorry to hear this.

One thing about the Masters, I Hate that they will not put on the morning sessions on golf channel.

Me thinks Augusta is a bit snobby in this regard.   I love it when I can watch all of the OPEN live from UK no matter what time.

oh well.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yea and I would have had this change on my 2021 cruise that in the end never happened.

I am glad I got to go to Key West on the N Amsterdam a few years back.

Also glad I got to sail into Anchorage on the Amsterdam (the one that was sold).

ships no long do this.  I guess the dredging worked for just one year.

We're glad we got to Venice several times and Bora Bora several times before they banned cruise ships.

We did the 14-Alaska cruise in 2010, 2012, 2015 and 2018 on Amsterdam, Statendam and Zaandam.  I just checked and they're doing a 14 day including Anchorage out of Vancouver in September of this year.  It's not shown for 2023 yet. 

I think the dredging in Anchorage is on going since there are a lot of cargo ships that use that port.

Lenda

• Like 13

Just now, Oceansaway17 said:

sorry to hear this.

One thing about the Masters, I Hate that they will not put on the morning sessions on golf channel.

Me thinks Augusta is a bit snobby in this regard.   I love it when I can watch all of the OPEN live from UK no matter what time.

oh well.

You're 100% right, they protect the Masters like the Crown Jewels.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, MISTER 67 said:

You're 100% right, they protect the Masters like the Crown Jewels.

every year I scream and shout and then sit down and sulk.  oh well.

Have a nice day.  I will try to not overdo chatting about golf in case others are bored with us.  ha ha

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We're glad we got to Venice several times and Bora Bora several times before they banned cruise ships.

We did the 14-Alaska cruise in 2010, 2012, 2015 and 2018 on Amsterdam, Statendam and Zaandam.  I just checked and they're doing a 14 day including Anchorage out of Vancouver in September of this year.  It's not shown for 2023 yet. 

I think the dredging in Anchorage is on going since there are a lot of cargo ships that use that port.

Lenda

aw nice to know.  I was also supposed to sail out of Venice last year and well that went away too.

List of "supposed to" is getting longer.

• Like 9