Parking at Terminal V Miami

wildescapade

according to the POM web site: The Virgin Voyages Terminal will be located on the northwest side of the port. 

image.thumb.png.b6449ba1aae324cfd9b3c876d2031dd6.png

that would appear to mean what's been known as Terminal G. In general, each terminal at POM has an associated garage across the street . . 

BUT seems I've seen Virgin at other terminals ..... it won't really matter as there will be BIG signs to direct you on boarding day however if you know when 'turnaround day' is for Virgin just take a look at the port webcam https://www.portmiamiwebcam.com or marinetraffic.com  and see where they park . . 

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Thanks 1

exiting the tunnel on to Dodge Island - aka Port of Miami

image.png.5a74cb775aed7079b3e6da7bc249cd5b.png

image.thumb.png.ab7217a4f331e694dc5bfb50381d8581.png

and so on .... remember all the terminals save one are in a line down a one way road. At each terminal the name of the ship being served appears ....

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

exiting the tunnel on to Dodge Island - aka Port of Miami

I did not enter the Port via the tunnel.

44 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

remember all the terminals are in a row along a single one way road

Oh, looks so "easy" until those lanes are filled--bumper to bumper--with cars!  Maybe if one is sailing from the terminal at the most Eastern end of the Island, the traffic might not be so bad on that road.  I sailed from Terminal F, not far from the Western end of the Island, and I had to deal with a significant amount  of traffic coming from the terminals/garages "downstream" of my Terminal and garage.  

I repeat what I have posted before.  If I sail from the Port of Miami in the future, I will not be driving my car into that chaotic mess.  

A question:  Do you the status of the new terminal for MSC at the Port?  

I can vouch for rkacruiser's description since we were on the same pre-covid cruise and had the same driving experience.  I think a great deal of the congestion and confusion was due to the fact that at around 11:00 am the last three ships in the row (Carnival, MSC and Norwegian IIRC) were still actively disembarking passengers as embarking passengers were arriving.  All the nice directional signals on the road were impossible to see. Buses, shuttles, taxis and private vehicles were jockeying to pick up passengers at the curb and then re-enter traffic to exit the port.  It was utter chaos.  After parking in the garage, the sidewalk was no less crowded.

Maybe this was an unusual event but it was enough to sour us from cruising out of Port Miami when we are much closer (12 miles north) of Port Everglades.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, capriccio said:

I can vouch for rkacruiser's description since we were on the same pre-covid cruise and had the same driving experience.  I think a great deal of the congestion and confusion was due to the fact that at around 11:00 am the last three ships in the row (Carnival, MSC and Norwegian IIRC) were still actively disembarking passengers as embarking passengers were arriving.  All the nice directional signals on the road were impossible to see. Buses, shuttles, taxis and private vehicles were jockeying to pick up passengers at the curb and then re-enter traffic to exit the port.  It was utter chaos.  After parking in the garage, the sidewalk was no less crowded.

Thanks for your affirmation of what I experienced.  Getting from the garage to the YC Tent, I had to leave the sidewalk and walk in the street a couple of times because of the congestion.  Staying on the sidewalk:  I was afraid I was going to trip over luggage sitting there.  Walking along the curb:  I was afraid I was going to get hit by a car.  That glass of Prosecco that I was served in the YC check-in Lounge was very well appreciated by me!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am cruising for the first time in June with Virgin and looking to park my vehicle at Port Miami as close the V Terminal as possible.  Garage G seems the closest to the departure point.  My question is does anyone know if you have to pre-book parking in Garage G or can you roll up park the car then pay for parking on exit after the cruise?  Thanks all

11 minutes ago, SteerageJoe said:

Yes, Garage G. Enter around the corner to the left once you dropped your luggage. Pay as you exit. No reservations available

Thanks for the feedback really appreciated