cruise insurance

parothead

16 hours ago, klfrodo said:

why are you buying from Carnival? Carnival only sells and make a commission. They don't help if it comes to making a claim.

Yes, you can by the way.

Carnival insurance, where you pay more for less coverage. 

6 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Carnival insurance, where you pay more for less coverage. 

You're telling me I felt like such a fool after I saw how much I paid for Carnival's insurance vs. what I could have paid through my travel agent for the same coverage. I won't make that mistake again.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

Yes, you can add the insurance anytime before final payment date.

As a general rule, I don't buy from Carnival but you CAN buy later than final payment date if you want to. I bought from Carnival last fall the week before we sailed.

Keep in mind that Carnival allows you to cancel for any reason and still receive 75% back as FCC.   If that matters to you, then read the alternate policy websites carefully to see if they have that included in a policy.  

7 hours ago, mz-s said:

You're telling me I felt like such a fool after I saw how much I paid for Carnival's insurance vs. what I could have paid through my travel agent for the same coverage. I won't make that mistake again.

I got mine for $45 from Insuremytrip.com with all the add ons $0 deductable as my secondary insurance along with repatriation.

58 minutes ago, travelplus said:

I got mine for $45 from Insuremytrip.com with all the add ons $0 deductable as my secondary insurance along with repatriation.

I really agree except I think they (insurance cos.) charge a disproportionately high amount to people over 70.  The cruise is charge a flat rate per person.  I am taking family after Xmas and I may book mine thru Carnival and use InsureMyTrip for the rest.

• Like 1