Drink package in 2Bedroom GS

I have an upcoming GS booked with 6 people.  Only four people in the room want the drink package.  I am aware of the policy that everyone in the stateroom has to purchase.  However, there are actually two separate reservations with unique reservation numbers.  There is a reservation number with four names and a reservation number with the two additional names.  Both reservations are linked in the system to create one price.  These reservations are not linked in the cruse planner.  When you add the drink package for the four names on one reservation, there is no trigger to add the two additional names from the 2nd reservation.   

Has any experienced purchasing the drink package as it appears in the cruise planner by not including the other passengers from the separate reservation?  or does the system at some point or onboard do a check and balance to notice that not everyone has purchased the package?  Since each reservation has it's own unique reservation number, I think the dots might not connect.  For clarity,  the other two people are happy with what is served in the suite lounge .  Both are in bed by 9pm and do not participate in night activities.  They are the designated drivers on land.  There is no need to share drinks.

5 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

does the system at some point or onboard do a check and balance to notice that not everyone has purchased the package?

The only thing that matters is what the planner will allow you to do - I don’t recall anyone being forced to buy a package if the planner screws up and let’s only one person but the DP. 

On 2/18/2022 at 10:32 PM, Biker19 said:

The only thing that matters is what the planner will allow you to do - I don’t recall anyone being forced to buy a package if the planner screws up and let’s only one person but the DP. 

Thank you... This is my thinking as well.  We'll buy and see what happens.