Elation Changed to Freedom Rm 6287

phoneman69

Like a lot of others our Elation cruise in Sept changed to the Freedom. We are now assigned to room 6287 on deck 6. This room is one of the side ways room on deck 6. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? It looks like the layout is slightly different ( the closets for one ). The other maybe more concerning issue maybe how close it is to the Main Lobby glass elevators. Looking to see if i need to make a change ? Thank You

I never stayed in one of those cabins but my brother in law and sister in law stayed in those cabins.  The only issue I would have is being close to the elevator.  I know when I am at the elevator area I tend to talk to whoever I am with.  I am sure other people elevate their voice thinking they are away from the cabin areas.  So I personally would ask to be moved down the hall at least a room or two away from the elevator.  

19 hours ago, PSU2LSU said:

I never stayed in one of those cabins but my brother in law and sister in law stayed in those cabins.  The only issue I would have is being close to the elevator.  I know when I am at the elevator area I tend to talk to whoever I am with.  I am sure other people elevate their voice thinking they are away from the cabin areas.  So I personally would ask to be moved down the hall at least a room or two away from the elevator.  

Yes elevator noise is my main issue. Will check other room availability. Thanks 

10 hours ago, Envelope21 said:

Regarding the elevator, we always try to get as close to the elevator as possible because it is so very convenient. We have never had an issue with noise. 

I agree, I never really have an issue with noise from being close to an elevator. But the atrium, different story.

Those cabins on are slow sellers.  They figure move people there to see if they accept it.  If they ask for a different cabin then they will switch you.  I suggest you look at current available inside cabins and select the location you want.  Then tell them your choices.  They typically will accommodate. 

3 hours ago, CruiseHealing said:

Those cabins on are slow sellers.  They figure move people there to see if they accept it.  If they ask for a different cabin then they will switch you.  I suggest you look at current available inside cabins and select the location you want.  Then tell them your choices.  They typically will accommodate. 

That's what we did and got moved to 6314 a regular inside room

On 2/22/2022 at 9:18 AM, satbeachbill said:

Yes! Everyone please spending the news about how bad 6287 is. Then it will be available when we sail!

your welcome to it. It sounds like atrium and elevator noise 24 /7. When i cruise i try to make the experience as pleasant as possible