Permission form to travel with Grandson?

NoName

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

To what end?  An American birth certificate on an international trip is next to worthless.

This argument on both sides is like the do you take your passport with you at ports or not. There is no right or wrong answer.  Bringing the B/C is a small thing and if it makes you more comfortable to have by all means bring it.  If you feel it serves no purpose to have it, don’t bring it.  It’s whatever makes you more comfortable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2022 at 2:20 PM, LGW59 said:

Domestically I do not, when I travel internationally, I sure do.  

Really???

WHY?

I carry my passport.  And in my phone I have a picture of the data page.  That will expedite a replacement passport.

A BC is only worth something if you are cruising in the Western Hemisphere.  Not for any other international travel.

22 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Sorry, thought maybe I would learn something. 
Nevermimd

Some people do strange things for arcane reasons.  And get very defensive when asked for those reasons.

I have enough stuff to carry, to not bother with carrying something extra that has no value added.

• Thanks 1

Yup some of us are the parents in the Progressive commercial.  My kids love to point out how many of the things they show are totally me!  I KNOW I don’t need paper copies of everything but do I print them anyway? Yes! I am old, OCD and a little out of touch with reality due to some long strange trips in my youth😁.   I see no reason to argue about it although my techie brother harasses me constantly.

Edited by poocher

On 2/19/2022 at 5:01 PM, LGW59 said:

what is the harm in bringing it though?  It won't take up very much space and I believe better to be safe than sorry, to much info is better than not enough.

Just my opinion.  The harm would be if the BC gets lost or damaged.  Yes, the odds against that happening are small, but IMO, the odds of needing the BC (if you have a passport) are even smaller.  

Then again, I'm the type to leave passports in the safe on the ship when we go into port.  Again, it's a judgement call... the odds of needing the passport are smaller (IMO) than the odds of the passport getting lost or stolen.