Early luggage drop off still possible?

mandream

We chose a 2:00 checking for Oasis because there are things we'd like to do in Miami before we board. Are we still able to drop off our luggage at the pier early and come back later for check in? If so how early can we drop off? We used to do it around 9 or 10 (although that was on Celebrity). 

Thanks in advance, 

Mike 

Anyone know if this possible in Galveston? We will be returning a rental car to Hobby airport and then taking a shuttle to the port. We'd like to drop off our luggage at the port before returning the car so we don't have to schlep our luggage around the airport getting to the shuttle.

33 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

You do realize Hobby is at least 45 min from the pier in Galveston.  That a couple hours round trip just to drop off your bags….that would not be worth the time and gas to me.

I'll specify my plans to make it easier to understand. We fly into IAH 2 days before the cruise. We have a car rented at IAH. We drive the car to Galveston where we have a VRBO property rented for two days. Unfortunately, I could not find a one-way car rental from IAH to the Galveston port so I will return it to Hobby as opposed to IAH.  We then take a shuttle from Hobby to the port. Yes, I realize it is 45 minutes from the port to Hobby and another 45 minutes back. With no car rental returns in Galveston, I think this is my best option. Do you know of a better option?

3 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Did a quick search, you can do one way drop off from IAH to Galveston with Enterprise. Or take a private shuttle to Galveston and rent a round trip car from there. Would not recommend doing drop off at Hobby, doesn’t sound like a good way to start a cruise.

Thank you. Enterprise has no cars available on the dates I need the car. I will look into the shuttle to the port and renting round trip from the port.