What happens when 2 cruise directors are aboard?

canwegonow

We'll be on the Mardi Gras' April 2 sailing, and the posted CD schedule shows Lee Mason from 2/19-7/16 and Kyndall Fire from 3/21-4/12. What generally happens when they overlap like that? Do they share CD duties? Or trade off week to week?

And, no, it doesn't matter a lot to us--we haven't had either of them before but our experience with Carnival CDs has been good to excellent (with one glaring exception who's no longer with the company). I'm just curious if anyone has any insight.

If it follows what we have seen in the past, the overlapping week will be handover week.  Lee should be the CD on the 3/19 sailing and Kyndall will shadow him to learn the ropes to takeover on the 3/26 sailing.  Since Kyndall's sign-on date is 3/21, she should be joining the cruise on day 3 in Cozumel. Lee will likely sign off on 3/26 and you should have Kyndall for your 4/2 sailing.

Lee is fantastic, IMO the best current Carnival CD.  We have not had Kyndall, but reports on her are good.  We will be on the 3/19 and 3/26 sailings and should be able to experience both of them.

I think Lee will be the cruise director. On her social media page she said 

“March 14th I will be heading to the Carnival Flagship MARDI GRAS to shadow my amazing colleague and even better friend Lee Your Cruise Director who will be kicking butt and taking names as CD! There is sooooo many new and exciting events, shows, and activities to see and learn so I’ll be there for about three weeks to take it all in!”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

2 times the annoying announcements?  🤣

I know what you mean about the annoying announcements, but Lee is cool and I never noticed getting annoyed with so many announcements.  I cruised with him for 24 days to Singapore and he is so much fun.

21 hours ago, canwegonow said:

We'll be on the Mardi Gras' April 2 sailing, and the posted CD schedule shows Lee Mason from 2/19-7/16 and Kyndall Fire from 3/21-4/12. What generally happens when they overlap like that? Do they share CD duties? Or trade off week to week?

And, no, it doesn't matter a lot to us--we haven't had either of them before but our experience with Carnival CDs has been good to excellent (with one glaring exception who's no longer with the company). I'm just curious if anyone has any insight.

They duel to the death? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lennythenose said:

I think Lee will be the cruise director. On her social media page she said 

“March 14th I will be heading to the Carnival Flagship MARDI GRAS to shadow my amazing colleague and even better friend Lee Your Cruise Director who will be kicking butt and taking names as CD! There is sooooo many new and exciting events, shows, and activities to see and learn so I’ll be there for about three weeks to take it all in!”

Thanks! I had not seen this as I don't follow any CDs on Facebook. Curiosity satisfied!

8 minutes ago, vicky3vicky said:

So, does this mean lee mason will be leaving Panorama? If so, who will replace him?

Right now the schedule has Christian De La Rosa followed by Joseph Boyes. It sure looks like the chosen ones for Mardi Gras, Celebration and Jubilee are Chris, Lee, Donkey, and Kyndall.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Right now the schedule has Christian De La Rosa followed by Joseph Boyes. It sure looks like the chosen ones for Mardi Gras, Celebration and Jubilee are Chris, Lee, Donkey, and Kyndall.

I believe this Joseph Boyes is comedy club host Joey from my Vista cruise…and also Kyndall’s significant other. That’s quite a promotion….Promotion from comedy club host not from Kyndall’s significant other. It’s interesting his first CD job is on the second newest ship. 

Edited by Saint Greg

7 minutes ago, elmojessi said:

Oh man, last I checked Kyndall was supposed to be our CD on Vista on 3/19 and I’d heard rave reviews about her so I’m disappointed she won’t be there! So who will be on Vista instead of her?

Aww man. Kyndall was our CD on our Vista cruise last August. She was really good. Tons of energy. I'm disappointed she will not be on our next Vista cruise.  

11 minutes ago, elmojessi said:

Oh man, last I checked Kyndall was supposed to be our CD on Vista on 3/19 and I’d heard rave reviews about her so I’m disappointed she won’t be there! So who will be on Vista instead of her?

Savannah Mitchell 

https://instagram.com/savannahcruisedirector?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by Saint Greg