Viewing Menus in Navigator App

KroozNut

Recently, I lost the capability on my Android device to see menus in the Navigator app by clicking on the menu buttons in each dining venue (MDR, Lido buffet, specialty restaurants, room service, Dive-in, etc). I was able to see the menus prior to just a couple of days ago.

Has anyone else experienced this issue recently, and maybe know how to fix it? I've already deleted cache, deleted and reinstalled the app, and am running the latest version (4.6.0).

Any ideas?   Thanks!

2 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Recently, I lost the capability on my Android device to see menus in the Navigator app by clicking on the menu buttons in each dining venue (MDR, Lido buffet, specialty restaurants, room service, Dive-in, etc). I was able to see the menus prior to just a couple of days ago.

Has anyone else experienced this issue recently, and maybe know how to fix it? I've already deleted cache, deleted and reinstalled the app, and am running the latest version (4.6.0).

Any ideas?   Thanks!

I've had the same issue; don't know what to do to fix it.  I can still see things on my iPad, just not the iPhone.  Weird.

On 2/20/2022 at 2:31 PM, Navybikermom said:

I was able to see the menus just now on my iPhone. Did you recently update the OS? I noticed one pending but haven’t updated mine yet. Sometimes updates break things. 

I'm using Android, so may be different than iPhone. But, have not updated OS since mid Jan, and this just started happening a few days ago.

I had the same issue on the Zuiderdam last month: After a couple days the menus would no longer download on my Pixel 3, even though that function worked fine on our traveling companions' Android phones. I tried clearing cache, reinstalling the app, rebooting the phone, changing the default app for PDF files. Nothing worked. I never did get it to work again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

I had the same issue on the Zuiderdam last month: After a couple days the menus would no longer download on my Pixel 3, even though that function worked fine on our traveling companions' Android phones. I tried clearing cache, reinstalling the app, rebooting the phone, changing the default app for PDF files. Nothing worked. I never did get it to work again.

Oh Well, I suppose I'll stop stressing over it, since it seems like the functionality appears to be broken and the illustrious HAL IT group doesn't appear to be in any hurry to fix it.

Thanks for everyone's responses..

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Something else I just noticed this morning.  On the Dining section if you click on "View More" and scroll down to "Coffee and Treats", clicking on it kicks you out of the app entirely.  LOL   

😒

Edited by KroozNut

22 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Something else I just noticed this morning.  On the Dining section if you click on "View More" and scroll down to "Coffee and Treats", clicking on it kicks you out of the app entirely.  LOL   

No treats for you! 😂

• Haha 5

Interestingly enough, I just checked the app on my Android device, and the menus are back! 😀

Not sure how or why, but I'm not going to dwell too much on that. Maybe the HAL IT gurus read these boards, but I highly doubt that. 😁

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I'm going to delete the app on my iPhone and re-install it; hopefully that fixes things!

Edit:  Yeah, no, nothing.  LOL  

Hopefully you'll get lucky like I did this morning and they'll just magically show up again soon. 🤞

• Like 1

I noticed today for my Koningsdam cruise that they've updated the menus for the specialty restaurants. There's now a $20 surcharge for lobster and an $18 surcharge for crab legs in the Pinnacle Grill. Previously, I don't recall any surcharge for the crab legs and only a $10 surcharge for lobster.

On 2/23/2022 at 5:48 AM, ger_77 said:

I just tried it and it just went to places on the Koningsdam-type ships such as Dutch Cafe, etc. That was the ship I was supposed to go on but didn't pass the boarding test. Anyway, my next ship is the New Amsterdam in September, and I am wondering when my menus and other references will change from the Koningsdam's to the New A.; the former has more dining locations, showrooms, etc. than the latter. Seeing them there kind of reminds me of what I missed....😢

1 hour ago, PSR said:

I just tried it and it just went to places on the Koningsdam-type ships such as Dutch Cafe, etc. That was the ship I was supposed to go on but didn't pass the boarding test. Anyway, my next ship is the New Amsterdam in September, and I am wondering when my menus and other references will change from the Koningsdam's to the New A.; the former has more dining locations, showrooms, etc. than the latter. Seeing them there kind of reminds me of what I missed....😢

when we’re you supposed to sail and when should you have disembarked?  Ours didn’t change until after our disembarkation day plus about a week.   We had to cancel for medical reasons.

7 hours ago, ger_77 said:

when we’re you supposed to sail and when should you have disembarked?  Ours didn’t change until after our disembarkation day plus about a week.   We had to cancel for medical reasons.

The disembarkation date was 2/2/2022. The next cruise with a different ship is not until 9/11/2022. I guess I will know about a change when the Dutch Cafe disappears from my app. It is not on my next ship.

Edited by PSR

17 hours ago, PSR said:

What do you mean by 'you didn't pass the boarding test'?

On 2/24/2022 at 2:54 PM, jkrislc said:

I noticed today for my Koningsdam cruise that they've updated the menus for the specialty restaurants. There's now a $20 surcharge for lobster and an $18 surcharge for crab legs in the Pinnacle Grill. Previously, I don't recall any surcharge for the crab legs and only a $10 surcharge for lobster.

There was a surcharge for the crab at the Pinnacle Grill on the Rotterdam in December. I paid it and enjoyed them very much!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KroozNut said:

What do you mean by 'you didn't pass the boarding test'?

That would be the COVID test at the pier in San Diego to board the cruise to Hawaii. As far as I know, that was the first time they  required the pier test after you had already passed the 48hr test.

Edited by PSR

21 hours ago, PSR said:

That would be the COVID test at the pier in San Diego to board the cruise to Hawaii. As far as I know, that was the first time they  required the pier test after you had already passed the 48hr test.

Oh, okay. I'm thinking that your pier test was specifically a Hawaii requirement, and not universal for all itineraries. As an example, for our Mexico cruise in April out of San Diego, I don't think we will be tested again at the pier in San Diego. The 2-day prior to sailing test is the only test requirement as far as I know, but I suppose I could be surprised.