MG spa thermal area compared to others ships

Barb1963

I was on the MG this past week and bought the Thermal room pass.  I must say I was not impressed at all. It was loud as people must think they were in one of the deck Jacuzzis when in the mineral pool. The pool could only fit 3 people on the metal seats and loud with the water going in and out of thr vents.The heated beds surrounded the pool were constantly full as 10 for a ship capacity is 5300 is not enough.  Only 2 steam rooms and 1 salted room for ship capacity again not enough. 

Only once was the place actually quiet for about half an hour then one lady came in got in the pool and starting talking very loudly to others in the pool about what she was going to be doing once she was off the ship. 

I found in all the place very badly designed for the size of the ship and won't buy the week pass again.

Next year I am back on the Magic and will buy the package as it is much bigger,  smaller ship capacity and much more quieter.

Anyone else's thoughts?

I love the spas on Carnival and NCL, especially during colder weather. I do lots of research before booking however as they can vary widely in quality. My observations were that the MG spa and the Havana area were sadly lacking when compared to other ships and I believe that space/attention went to the new high end area Loft 19. I was really shocked when I compared the Havana area with Horizon. Not that I can afford anything more than the spa area BUT I do love to obsessively research. 😉

I love the cove balcony and the Cloud 9 Spas on the Dream class ships. When I booked the Mardi Gras I was happy to see the coves and spa so close and convenient. Have my 4 & 5 cruise coming up on the Mardi Gras, all were booked before her first sailing. All booked in spa cove balconies and I can tell you I wouldn’t book the spa cabins again on this ship. I agree with everything you said. 12/4/21 was the third cruise on her and we only went to the spa once, it was horrible down there and definitely not a relaxing experience at all for me. Once you experience the Dream class this one is a definitely let down. 

• 2 weeks later...

We have gotten spa cabins several times, because we enjoy the thermal suites and all the rooms in the spa. When we were on the MG in Dec. we were in a spa cabin and I was very disappointed. Like the poster said, the thermal pool was small and the noise level was terrible. Since the heated loungers were in the same room as the pool, there was no  view of the ocean. I would never take a spa cabin or even do a day pass for the spa on the MG. 

1 hour ago, Scubadoobie2 said:

Do the Vista class ships also suffer this same MG spa malady?

Yes, but in a different way.  Fewer heated loungers,  and small pools but seemed a bit larger than the one on MG.  Best overall spa, IMO was on the Breeze, with Dream and Magic running close seconds.

Carnival should take a page from RCCL on spas.  But I really think they are an afterthought on Carnival.