Luggage Label/Tags

We,re seasoned cruisers/ travellers but due to covid  not cruised for two years so you need to cut me some slack on what I,m going to ask 😆

This is where a feel like a right diddy

Unaccustomed to this cruise hub thingy and noticed theres a link for printing our luggage labels.We have never had to do this in our mega years of holidaying and

How does this work and how do you attache to suitcases? 🤔

Any printing we do which is limited is done on your normal A4 sheet of paper 

The labels print on A4 paper so no worries there, colour for preference.

They come with printed lines to guide you folding them, I laminated ours and stapled and hole punched them and used ribbon to fasten to case handles.  

We also have had labels issued to us at the airport when we made a late booking. 

hth

ps a local stationery shop or library may laminate for you 

Edited by 2BACRUISER
add ps

1 hour ago, 2BACRUISER said:

The labels print on A4 paper so no worries there, colour for preference.

They come with printed lines to guide you folding them, I laminated ours and stapled and hole punched them and used ribbon to fasten to case handles.  

We also have had labels issued to us at the airport when we made a late booking. 

hth

ps a local stationery shop or library may laminate for you 

Geezo we,ll be loading our own suitcases onto the plane next

Thanks 2BACRUISER

36 minutes ago, howmuch! said:

Edited by Jim The Scot
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, howmuch! said:

Jim - it sounds like you have booked and are about to leave shortly. Or are you just doing some ground work in case temptation gets the better of you?

Hi howmuch

Not sure what happened with my previous post/quote

Yes, booked but a few months away so just some ground work.Like to be organised or near as well in advance

Hi Jim, I got some off Amazon for last year:  type this into the Amazon search bar. About £7.00 for 5 well worth it. When you print your luggage labels out. They fold to the exact size.

Cruise Luggage Tag Holders Slim (5 Pack) Clear Waterproof PVC Tag Holder with Zip Seal & Steel Loops -

luggage labels.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

Hi Jim, I got some off Amazon for last year:  type this into the Amazon search bar. About £7.00 for 5 well worth it. When you print your luggage labels out. They fold to the exact size.

Cruise Luggage Tag Holders Slim (5 Pack) Clear Waterproof PVC Tag Holder with Zip Seal & Steel Loops -

luggage labels.jpg

Spooky RR,was looking at them today

Thanks though

Another silly question

The luggage tags you print  off are details of your cabin and deck .Is it best just to attache these to your luggage once you collect cases on arrival at airport in our case Palma or at the port?

5 hours ago, howmuch! said:

Ah Ok, a man after my own heart - fail to prepare, be prepared to fail - or words to that effect.

Have a good trip when you eventually go.

Thanks H but if things get anymore complicated we,ll be cancelling and booking a local caravan holiday 🤣

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jim The Scot said:

Spooky RR,was looking at them today

Thanks though

Another silly question

The luggage tags you print  off are details of your cabin and deck .Is it best just to attache these to your luggage once you collect cases on arrival at airport in our case Palma or at the port?

I attached mine at the port. You never know when the luggage handlers start throwing your cases onto the plane.

19 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

luggage labels.jpg

I got these as well - they are just the job.

When we cruised last month we were told to put our cruise labels on our cases before the flight, which surprised me.  I have those plastic covers and they attach very securely so it was fine but I would have been very reluctant if I'd tried to put on the paper ones uncovered.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cinnamon said:

When we cruised last month we were told to put our cruise labels on our cases before the flight, which surprised me.  I have those plastic covers and they attach very securely so it was fine but I would have been very reluctant if I,d tried to puut on paper ones uncovered

Thats was my concern cinnamon and reason I started this thread

I think we,ll put our labels on at the port

1 hour ago, Chickenbalti said:

I attached mine the night before and printed a few spares to take with me, never had a problem.I used two per case. Take some photos of your case with labels

👍

Edited by Jim The Scot

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone

I am trying to access my luggage labels for our cruise to Caribbean on 19th Feb. Cruise control give me this message "Thank you for preparing to print your luggage labels"

but they do not allow me any further!!

Anyone else had problems? I know I've still got a week to do it but I like to have everything done, ticked off the list!!

• 1 month later...

I did the transatlantic cruise on Discovery, flying from Gatwick to Barbados,  in April last year. I did not get allocated a cabin number until I actually boarded the ship in Barbados. Which meant I didn't get any luggage tags at all, which worried me quite a bit.

When I expressed my worries a TUI person told me they check passengers luggage against a manifest at the airport and not to worry.

I was given my cabin number in the pre boarding shed in Barbados.

• Thanks 1

We also found on one trip, when the bags disappeared from the coach with no cabin label, that they can also look at the name on the airline luggage label to work it out.  Works better of course if you don't have a common surname!