Taxi request for cash at FLL

kayguz

Just a heads up as this happened 3 times in the last 3 weeks--- cab to hotel, airport to port, and port to airport.  The taxi drivers have all requested cash payment (even with the meter running)and made it very uncomfortable if you didn't want to comply with their request.  Thinking about it later, I should have agreed and then refused when we arrived at the destination.  Then the guy that did the airport to hotel run was refusing to give me change (I wasn't including a "tip" since he was basically keeping the whole amount by not running it through the meter).  The Ubers were both fine.  However, for one of the ubers we were not told we would have the surge pricing in advance (even though it's supposed to always tell you) and we had a $50 airport to terminal 21 charge.  

10 hours ago, kayguz said:

Just a heads up as this happened 3 times in the last 3 weeks--- cab to hotel, airport to port, and port to airport.  The taxi drivers have all requested cash payment (even with the meter running)and made it very uncomfortable if you didn't want to comply with their request.  Thinking about it later, I should have agreed and then refused when we arrived at the destination.  Then the guy that did the airport to hotel run was refusing to give me change (I wasn't including a "tip" since he was basically keeping the whole amount by not running it through the meter).  The Ubers were both fine.  However, for one of the ubers we were not told we would have the surge pricing in advance (even though it's supposed to always tell you) and we had a $50 airport to terminal 21 charge.  

We have never paid an Uber in cash. Tipped in cash but ride always charged to credit card. Has this changed?