Booked through TA question

Cruisingrampy

You will not necessarily get a confirmation from Celebrity but if you wish you can ask your TA to have Celebrity send you a booking confirmation.   One of my TA's only send me Celebrity Confirmations while the other send the confirmation on their paperwork but supply me with the Celebrity one when requested.

• Like 1

What Jim said, though the X invoice can also be forwarded directly from your TA.

We get both the X and TA invoices from our TA, but the TA invoice also shows their kick-back in the form of OBC, so we have a record of how much additional to expect once aboard.  The X invoice assures that once we board, anything that X may have missed (e.g. classic vs. premium beverage package) is easily remedied if we were to be in a cabin class where that could become an issue.  Even though your TA invoice should show those details as well, better to have the X original so they can't say the TA erred. 

So always good to have copies of both in hand when you board.

Edited by canderson
usual typoz
  • Like 1

Always ask your TA for a booking confirmation from the cruise line to accompany that from the TA.  Just a good backup to indicated their confirmation of funds paid, stateroom selection, boarding requirements (rather important these days), etc.  Mistakes can inadvertently be made - on both ends - and this would provide a fallback for that.  Also just a good business practice.

Once you've completed your pre-board check in, your TA - or you - can issue the boarding docs which would be all you need at boarding (along with the other ID, vax, etc., documentation).  It is not necessary to have either the TA or cruise line booking confirmations at that point as the boarding docs are derived from that.  Of course if you want to keep a file copy on hand in case there is an on-board discrepancy, that's fine.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I opened a Celebrity online account some years ago and I find that the  Agents Booking appears there almost immediately, which you can print off if you wish. This time Celebrity actually sent me an Email direct to confirm the booking. I often compare the prices by booking direct and booking through an Agent often there is very little difference. 

One little trap i found when booking direct with Celebrity - Having taken their flights the transfer from the airport was not included and there was no warning. In this case the distance was significant, so be aware.

1 hour ago, hampshirelad said:

I often compare the prices by booking direct and booking through an Agent often there is very little difference. 

One little trap i found when booking direct with Celebrity - Having taken their flights the transfer from the airport was not included and there was no warning. In this case the distance was significant, so be aware.

Good point, although I don't think it is intended as a trap.  You or your TA has to add transfers.  They are never automatically included with the air reservation as it is a separate charge from the air.  BTW I believe when you book the flights it says "air only" on the booking confirmation.

And the reason the fare between a TA and booking direct is the same is because most cruise lines - Celebrity included - do not discount their fares through a TA. They are the same if booked direct.  Any reduction would come from a TA booking you into a block of staterooms they have secured at a reduced rate based on the number secured (or some other similar manner) or as a rebate (such as an OBC or a comped specialty restaurant night, etc.) out of their commission.

Edited by leaveitallbehind