Dinner Reservations

ael123

I am on a 14 night cruise and at level bronze on Oceania Club. We are booked in a veranda. My previous cruises on Oceania were on 21 day cruises. I was a little surprised that I am only allowed to make 2 dinner reservations 1 in the steak house and 1 in Red Ginger. Once on board are you allowed to make additional reservations. I don't eat much steak albeit I love the Waldorf salad that is served in the steak house restaurant. I would really like more than 1 night in Red Ginger. Any suggestions on how to get additional nights of dining in Red Ginger?

Edited by ael123
misspelling

48 minutes ago, ael123 said:

I am on a 14 night cruise and at level bronze on Oceania Club. We are booked in a veranda. My previous cruises on Oceania were on 21 day cruises. I was a little surprised that I am only allowed to make 2 dinner reservations 1 in the steak house and 1 in Red Ginger. Once on board are you allowed to make additional reservations. I don't eat much steak albeit I love the Waldorf salad that is served in the steak house restaurant. I would really like more than 1 night in Red Ginger. Any suggestions on how to get additional nights of dining in Red Ginger?

Sounds like you are on Sirena (?). If so, the “steak house” would be Tuscan Steak, which is a combo of the Polo Grill and Toscana restaurants normally  found on the other Regatta Class (R) ships. They were combined on Sirena to make way for a Red Ginger. 
As to your question: Once onboard you can ask each morning for available specialty seating that evening  (of course, no extra charge). On R ships, there’s usually someone at the port entrance to the Terrace Café to work with you (though on some cruises, that person has been at the O Club Ambassador’s desk). If you’re in an upper suite, the Butler can do the requests for you.

FWIW: the longer the cruise the easier it is to get extra reservations. But, if your time flexible and willing to share, there should be no problem getting something extra - even on a 7-10 day cruise.

• Like 1

Yes   if you share a table you usually have a better chance of extra res

Just go to the reservation station in the morning as ask to be put on the list

Sometimes people cancel  during the day

We have been on Sirena, and had no issues getting additional reservations as long as we were flexible on time and/or willing to share a table.  It did seem like they cut us off after several extras, though, because it went from tons of options to nope, sorry!!  😀 (That could be because almost all of our ports were cancelled, though.  This was March of 2020.)