Do "Diamond" (black card) get free room service for breakfast?

mimi7ccr

Fantastica gets free room service from 6am to 11pm, a small fee is charged for room service between 11pm and 6am.  This is according to my Fantastica boarding documents.  It also states In stateroom breakfast (whatever that means). 

We will be on this weekend for 2 weeks in Fantastica, will let you know for sure.

5 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Fantastica gets free room service from 6am to 11pm, a small fee is charged for room service between 11pm and 6am.  This is according to my Fantastica boarding documents.  It also states In stateroom breakfast (whatever that means). 

We will be on this weekend for 2 weeks in Fantastica, will let you know for sure.

Are you sure it is free, per se? I think develivery is free for Fantastica, pay for any food except continental breakfast is free plus free delivery. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thepla said:

Are you sure it is free, per se? I think develivery is free for Fantastica, pay for any food except continental breakfast is free plus free delivery. 

Went back and read my documents and the wording is so wacky but you are right. After reading it a million times you get 24 hour room service (a small service charge between 11pm and 6am) and Free in cabin breakfast.

Why don't they just state what they mean instead of the weird wording!

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Went back and read my documents and the wording is so wacky but you are right. After reading it a million times you get 24 hour room service (a small service charge between 11pm and 6am) and Free in cabin breakfast.

Why don't they just state what they mean instead of the weird wording!

Lol. It’s funny it say 24 hours….except from the hours from 11 pm to 6 am 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I booked Fantasica balcony experience on Meraviglia several months back.  The list of perks at that time included a cabin choice, free photo, no-fee room service and a few other things that made it worth the upgrade price.

Fast forward to January 6th when I the final payment was made and the perks had changed.  No photo,  room service is not 'no-fee'.   Is it correct to presume that you receive the package deal in effect on the day of final payment and not the one on the booking/deposit date?

As an aside. . .   Why are the hot tubs shut down so early in the evening?

10 minutes ago, pr8hd said:

I booked Fantasica balcony experience on Meraviglia several months back.  The list of perks at that time included a cabin choice, free photo, no-fee room service and a few other things that made it worth the upgrade price.

Fast forward to January 6th when I the final payment was made and the perks had changed.  No photo,  room service is not 'no-fee'.   Is it correct to presume that you receive the package deal in effect on the day of final payment and not the one on the booking/deposit date?

The best answer is "it depends."  The photo is not one of your choice; it was the one taken at dinner at your table on Elegant night.  The room service is a challenge - there is a fee for the delivery as well as the food, so in some cases the delivery fee was waived but you were charged for food.  

7 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

The best answer is "it depends."  The photo is not one of your choice; it was the one taken at dinner at your table on Elegant night.  The room service is a challenge - there is a fee for the delivery as well as the food, so in some cases the delivery fee was waived but you were charged for food.  

Thanks for the reply.  

Sounds about right. . .     Photo was as you say a 'dinner photo'.  No longer listed as a Fantastica perk or in the cruise documents.

Absolutely understand that room service items are priced.  No issue with menu pricing.  It is the waived (as specifically mentioned) delivery fee that now shows as 'for a fee'.  Mostly would use RS for breakfast as I need my morning coffee before dealing with humans.

"It depends" seems to be a thing with the MSC website.  🙄

55 minutes ago, pr8hd said:

Mostly would use RS for breakfast as I need my morning coffee before dealing with humans.

Morning coffee delivery is absolutely free!!! Personally I just put on a baseball cap and little "exercise outfit" (NOT!) and take my trusty Tervis to the closest bar and get 2 cappucinos "to go" and pour them in the mug.  Return to cabin and then prepare to deal with other humans.  🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1