NCLs mailer of the day

MagnoliaBlossom

I have received multiple mailers each week from NCL.  It is a incredible expense to send virtually the same brochure  by surface mail several times a week, but todays offering was a Latitudes e plantation of tier benefits.   As everyone recently received notification of changes to their level and benefits, this seemed a bit of a waste.   Sometimes you just gotta wonder about marketing decisions at NCL.  

• Like 2

I feel that its also somehow connected to when we are doing a mock booking on their site (after logging in) that we then receive these brochures in the weeks following.  I guess they're just trying to keep stirring the pot until we are ready to pull the trigger and book.  

2 minutes ago, Moonglo said:

I feel that its also somehow connected to when we are doing a mock booking on their site (after logging in) that we then receive these brochures in the weeks following.  I guess they're just trying to keep stirring the pot until we are ready to pull the trigger and book.  

I do mock bookings all the time and I only receive hard copy mail about once every couple of months.

• Like 1

I don't understand why NCL sends out so many brochures.  I'd gladly accept spam emails instead, but at some point I opted out so now I only get these.  I don't recall getting them this often before COVID either, which makes me question where they get the money from to pay for them.

35 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

I have received multiple mailers each week from NCL.  It is a incredible expense to send virtually the same brochure  by surface mail several times a week, but todays offering was a Latitudes e plantation of tier benefits.   As everyone recently received notification of changes to their level and benefits, this seemed a bit of a waste.   Sometimes you just gotta wonder about marketing decisions at NCL.  

10 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I don't understand why NCL sends out so many brochures.  I'd gladly accept spam emails instead, but at some point I opted out so now I only get these.  I don't recall getting them this often before COVID either, which makes me question where they get the money from to pay for them.

Given that you and I don't have access to the same information and research that NCL's marketing department does, the fact that you or I don't see the logic might just mean that the logic is there, but we lack sufficient information to make the right decision.

It doesn't mean that they don't know what they are doing.

Consider...this mailing caused you to start a discussion in a public online forum about the marketing materials. How many people will read and/or reply to your thread? The power of advertising. 😉

DW got that colorful, thick Latitudes packet this afternoon too ... thought for a moment, maybe it's luggage tags for an upcoming cruise.  Not, what a ... but hey, keep our postal carrier busy & happily occupied almost weekly 🙄🙄🙄 with these mailers.  Wait, mine should be on its way too.  

Sigh - between the calls & messages from the PCC and spam emails ...  Maybe, they should limit the marketing efforts to one primary contacts for a specific physical address (but, it probably won't work out anyway for numerous reasons) on file with them.  

What about a $25 non-refundable OBC voucher instead for saving planet earth & skip the physical mailings, if we opt out in lieu of all that waste.  Wishful thinking, just kidding, for their convenience and ours, LOL.  

I think the physical mailers are for those who do not have email or browse the internet for cruise options.  Considering some of their customers are in the age range of less computer savvy people, the mailers may be what they use to call their travel agent or NCL and book from.  Just a possibility. 

The mailers sure are slick and costly to produce, even in the huge bulk NCL prints.  I like the idea of having an option to opt out of receiving them.  Would save the planet and less clutter for the post office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I once owned a printing business, so I probably notice some of these things more than the average person.  I know what these pieces cost, as well as the mailing costs.  Like you, I would think more highly of NCL if they offered me something of real value that might incentify me to book rather than adding something to the landfill - but I’m very glad some printer is making some money 😉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

It’s working

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

These are the brochures mailed to my address for my underage grandson over the last two weeks. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b692fa08d0025605c72fde0f412fe55e.jpeg

You'd think they would at least delete prior passengers who are under age 18.  Simple enough to program to do that.

• Like 1

I cruised *15 years ago* with my sister who has since passed away. I receive a mailer every week, at my address, in her name. I contacted an NCL customer service email to see if they could stop the mailings, or at least change the name, and they didn’t. So frustrating!

On 2/22/2022 at 6:30 PM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Agreed.  I get a couple mailings a week and they mostly go straight into the trash.  Some are general, others are CAS.   You'd think they'd have better ways of spending their marketing dollars.  If it's an amazing deal and the cover of the mailing catches my attention, I'll read it.  One mailing a month would seem to be sufficient but heaven knows USPS needs the money!