Drinks package deals ???

Fezz0123

Hi All

We are due to sail on Grandeur of the Seas on March 6th from Barbados and was wondering about the drinks packages. We've seen them at £48, £45 and once at £40pp.

How close to the set sail date do RC offer deals on these packages or do we just wait and see how much they are once onboard?

thanks in advance

Fezz0123

4 minutes ago, Fezz0123 said:

Hi All

We are due to sail on Grandeur of the Seas on March 6th from Barbados and was wondering about the drinks packages. We've seen them at £48, £45 and once at £40pp.

How close to the set sail date do RC offer deals on these packages or do we just wait and see how much they are once onboard?

thanks in advance

Fezz0123

On board will be full price, occasionally they have a buy one get one 50% off but it's still cheaper to buy before the cruise. But 40 euros a day is really cheap and I would highly doubt you'll ever see it better than that, for reference, mine is currently on sale for $69/day

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fezz0123 said:

Welcome to CC.

It is unlikely you'll get anything in the planner cheaper on the ship. Planner items should be available till two days out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fezz0123 said:

Thanks Biker19 and msuspartabigten for the quick responses 😀

What are the chances of the prices being reduced again this close to sailing?

Probably not that great simply due to the lack of time, but you never know, I'm not even sure RC knows when and how they apply their sales lol

But with that said, I hope you know that you can book the package and if the price does go down, you can cancel your old and get the new price. Thats why I  usually buy it when it's at a price I'm willing to pay, but I continue to check daily for a better price. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fezz0123 said:

Hi All

thanks in advance

Fezz0123

4 hours ago, msuspartabigten said:

On board will be full price, occasionally they have a buy one get one 50% off but it's still cheaper to buy before the cruise. But 40 euros a day is really cheap and I would highly doubt you'll ever see it better than that, for reference, mine is currently on sale for $69/day

That is a "pound" sign, not a "euro" sign.  About 20% more expensive.

I think the price they charge and then adding the gratuities is absolutely ridiculous. I am going on a 12 night cruise next year, already paying a lot for the cruise and then having to add another $2000. to the cost is a rip off. But RCL know people like to drink from soda to alcohol so people will pay it. 

19 minutes ago, Catmjs said:

I think the price they charge and then adding the gratuities is absolutely ridiculous. I am going on a 12 night cruise next year, already paying a lot for the cruise and then having to add another $2000. to the cost is a rip off. But RCL know people like to drink from soda to alcohol so people will pay it. 

I cruised pre drink package years..$2000 can be cheap for a 12 nighter… 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catmjs said:

It's not a rip off.  It's an offer. It's yours to purchase or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, notmyfirstname said:

Do you pay gratuities on the full price of the drink pkg and then as you order drinks, do they add more gratuities to each drink which you would owe at the end of your trip?

1 payment.  you don't pay tips after you pre pay for the package. you CAN give extra... but  that's for above and beyond. you already paid 18%...  when you got the package.

On 2/23/2022 at 5:22 PM, Catmjs said:

Regardless of whether you buy a deluxe drink package or not, drinking on a cruise is expensive.  The package only covers drinks up to $13.00 in cost.  After that, you have to pay the difference.

If you look at the prices they charge?  If I remember correctly on Brilliance in December, they were charging 4 bucks for a can of soda.  If you buy it at the grocery store, a 12 pack is less than 6 dollars (which is about .50 cents a can).  You're paying a 800% markup here, but at least its covered in the drink package or Diamond benefit

On Brilliance in December for the first time, I actually looked at the wine list in the MDR (Thanks Diamond benefit).  I don't drink much, so, i'm a little clueless at wines.  Looking at the wine in a glass, i ran across the only wine I was familiar with, and that's only because I had it previously at Chef's Table and liked it.  The Conundrum white blend.  But unfortunately, this glass cost $16.00, which means my diamond voucher or drink package would not cover it.  I would have to pay extra ($4.00 plus 18% gratuity) if i wanted it with my dinner.  I also know that at home, the bottle cost $16.00.  How much did Royal want for the entire bottle?  $61.00.

So, it really is up to you.  How much is alcohol worth to you.