EZ-Air ain't so EZ

CineGraphic

Long-story short:

EZ-Air sent us a notice that they changed our connecting flight from our preferred afternoon arrival time, to another flight with an evening arrival time, even though our original flight is still showing as available for new bookings, but now at a higher price.

I called EZ-Air, and they basically have regular agents screening calls, who are only allowed to put you through to the EZ-Air department if your flight is 75 days or less away. The agent stated that the airlines made the change, not EZ-Air, so there was nothing she could do.

The airline insists I go through  EZ-Air

So now I have to wait until the 75 day mark before anyone will even listen to me, where there's a good chance our original flight will already be sold out.

At this point it seems that the only way for me to get our original flight back, is to pay more. Something I shouldn't have to do.

How is any of this EZ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had our flights changed 5 times (traveling in June, 2022).  I realize it's the airlines that are to blame, but shouldn't E-Z assign a new flight? I was told the new flight assignment will be made 75 days before departure AND the ticket price will be at the prevailing rate.  That doesn't set well with me.  So I decided to book a whole new flight and PAY for it TODAY.  So I went to the Princess website to modify my flights, but the website WILL NOT let me modify my flights.  I can't even cancel my flights.  Guess I need to call Princess.   

I booked June 22 cruise and EZAir for my son and me many months ago.  I’m 87 and he is my traveling companion. AA has changed our flight - and seats!  I can’t get our seats back until Princess releases our money (we’re all paid up).  It’s frustrating having to wait.  AA had us on different transatlantic flights and after nearly three hours on the phone with Princess, they got us BACK on the same flight.  Princess has meanwhile sent me two notifications showing still us on different flights.  I can access our bookings with AA and they show us on the same flight but I can’t  make seat changes yet.  A blind booking shows our original seats are taken - I hope they have our names on them!

I hope they keep our original prices as they are considerably less than today’s prices.

Edited by Jessejo

If the original flight is still there then I don't understand why you were changed. I would be upset too. We have used EZ-Air several times with no issues but it seems like the airlines are kind of a mess right now. But this sounds like EZ-Air isn't working as intended.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RNRcruisers said:

If the original flight is still there then I don't understand why you were changed. I would be upset too. We have used EZ-Air several times with no issues but it seems like the airlines are kind of a mess right now. But this sounds like EZ-Air isn't working as intended.

EZAir is working as intended.  They are at the mercy of the airlines until flights/seats are locked in following full payment.  Airlines love to pay customer roulette with flights and schedules, and in this case with bookings.  They will bounce you around until they have the cheapest flight booked.

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

EZAir is working as intended.  They are at the mercy of the airlines until flights/seats are locked in following full payment.  Airlines love to pay customer roulette with flights and schedules, and in this case with bookings.  They will bounce you around until they have the cheapest flight booked.

That doesn't explain why the OP's flight is still there but he is not booked on that flight. EZAir tells us that we keep the flight we booked, at that price. If the airline cancels that flight I understand I could be bumped to a different one, but if that flight is still available then I should be on it at the original price.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

There must be something wrong with the EZ Air IT dept.  I can't even get a booking made from any browser or computer. 

Is this a new booking?  One of my flight was cancelled so there was a freeze placed on our air flights.  

I had to change our outgoing flight due my daughter's work schedule.  I gave E-Z Air what flights I wanted to book, they computer was coming up with a price $300 per person more than what was showing on my computer.  She insisted that I pay the higher rate . I asked her to release the freeze and I was able to book the lower rate on my on.  Isn't that crazy?  With 3 people flying, $900 to me is a good chunk of money we can spend on board.  E-Z Air IT dept. needs to work out their kinks.

Nope.  This was just a one way non stop booking for my cruise which was originally going in 2021 and then was lifted and shifted to 2022.  On that 2021 cruise I was able to book the air but on the 2022 cruise I cannot.  i have an email out to customer service.

On 2/23/2022 at 6:36 PM, Retirement2016 said:

We had our flights changed 5 times (traveling in June, 2022).  I realize it's the airlines that are to blame, but shouldn't E-Z assign a new flight? I was told the new flight assignment will be made 75 days before departure AND the ticket price will be at the prevailing rate.  That doesn't set well with me.  So I decided to book a whole new flight and PAY for it TODAY.  So I went to the Princess website to modify my flights, but the website WILL NOT let me modify my flights.  I can't even cancel my flights.  Guess I need to call Princess.   

I the same boat. Am on phone queue right now waiting to talk to someone. Flight out of Copenhagen cancelled to Lufthansa (purchased through Princess) has me on a 9:35 am flight home instead of the 1:55 I had originally scheduled. Called Lufthansa, told I had to talk to Princess. But, you know I can't. Sooooo. Jeez, this is nuts. My flight is May 4th, in their window. 

So as an update I called Princess again and this time I got a wonderful agent named Tracy who did a little digging and found out that my booking was somehow frozen.  She had to manually unfreeze my booking and was able to change my flight.  Said I should have no more trouble reserving or rebooking flights and excursions on my computer.  Let's hope she's right.