Onward missing itineraries from November 12, 2022 to March 10, 2023.

Dakkar

We are booked on a B2B from November 5th to 19th on the Onward and all the Itineraries are missing, this morning , from the website between November 12th to March 10th.

Has anybody heard something?

Thank you

Dakkar

I spoke with Azamara today and the Onward voyages after Nov 12th until March are considered "code red" which means no new bookings can be made.  They would not elaborate any further.  They did say it does not mean they are canceled.  Likely due to regional disturbances but who knows.

It's hard finding good "port-intensive" itineraries for four small ships during that timeframe, especially if you couldn't reliably plan Aus/NZ and/or asia.  Caribbean is so overscheduled and cut-price with a limited set of ports, and the Canaries are worse.  Africa and South America have an uncomfortable vibe for cruise passengers (whether deserved or not) from covid and related cancellations and travel hassles.  

With the general geo-political uncertainty, I'm guessing bookings overall were thin enough that Azamara may figure it's best to lay up one ship for five months, and Onward has the fewest existing bookings to be disrupted.  Purely a guess, though. 

9 hours ago, Roel94 said:

This is the year they were doing africa if I recall 

Onward is scheduled for the Black Sea during those dates - I cannot find an African Itinerary - it would be one place I would like to go - It can still be booked on the Australian site

Edited by Janet&Carl
additional information added

On 2/25/2022 at 8:53 PM, csto said:

I spoke with Azamara today and the Onward voyages after Nov 12th until March are considered "code red" which means no new bookings can be made.  They would not elaborate any further.  They did say it does not mean they are canceled.  Likely due to regional disturbances but who knows.

Good to know as we are  booked on the February 8 cruise to Egypt/Israel. The only thing to do now is to wait for that email from our ta.

I would imagine the Black Sea/Eastern Med cruises for this year  would have been taken down from the Azamara website as well,  but they are very much bookable.

Edited by I-Cruiser

Brand

February 28, 2022

Dear Azamara Guest,

We're writing to inform you of an important update regarding your upcoming voyage onAzamara Onward. 

Due to the popular demand of our newest ship in North America, Azamara Onward will now make a new journey across the Atlantic to conclude its 2022-2023 Winter Season in the Caribbean. Unfortunately, this means your voyage has been canceled. To view all impacted sailings, please click here.

Although we recognize that this change is significant and may not suit your schedule or interests, we still want to welcome you to take a peek at our new Caribbean itineraries. These new itineraries will be available on Azamara.com on Wednesday March 2nd.

We deeply apologize for this inconvenience and understand your travel plans are extremely valuable to you. To ease any disruptions that may occur, we invite you to select one of the compensation alternatives described below by March 31st:

• Re-book on any other new Azamara voyage, and you will receive a $250 onboard credit per standard stateroom or a $500 onboard credit for suites.
  • We understand that choosing the right itinerary takes time, if you're not ready to make a selection right now, we can book you on an Open Passage. In addition, you'll receive a $100 onboard credit per standard stateroom or a $200 onboard credit for suites.
  • If you choose not to rebook, a full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment; however, you will not receive the other incentives described above.
  • Guests with air travel will be reimbursed with proper receipts, up to $500 per person for non-refundable Airfare/Hotel changes for Domestic guests and $1,000 per person for non-refundable Airfare/Hotel changes for International guests. Additional incentives described in this letter will not be applicable.

We will personally reach out to you to ensure the best possible solution is reached. If you have questions or concerns that need to be addressed before we contact you, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately for more details specific to your country of residence or visit https://www.azamara.com/contact-us for your local Azamara call center number.

The desk is now open and will remain open through March 31st. All reservations that are not changed by the specified close date will be ineligible for the compensation offered.

Thank you for your understanding. We take great pride in bringing you and every Azamara guest unforgettable experiences both onboard our ships and within our destinations. We can assure you that your future Azamara vacation will deliver the highest standards of service and quality for which we are known. 

Sincerely,

AZAMARA®

Onward cruises still in the Black Sea today - I guess their website has not been adjusted.  I would like to know what they are doing with the Journey cruises to the Black sea.  We have booked hotels and flights and would like to know asap where/if we are going anywhere 🙂 as yet its still a mystery tour.

I fully understand that people are frustrated about the inevitable changes to the current Black Sea itineraries and possibly it would be better if they were taken off sale, but you have to appreciate what’s involved in changing itineraries.

Cruise lines prepare itineraries years in advance, now the planners have to see what ports are available, remembering many may already be fully booked. Once the itineraries are planned the itineraries are passed to the ships Captain who has to check that what’s planned can actually be achieved. All of this is going to take time,  only thing that is sure is that the ships will not be doing the current Black Sea itinerary, if that was the reason for booking it’s probably better to cancel or move to another cruise.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

I fully understand that people are frustrated about the inevitable changes to the current Black Sea itineraries and possibly it would be better if they were taken off sale, but you have to appreciate what’s involved in changing itineraries.

Cruise lines prepare itineraries years in advance, now the planners have to see what ports are available, remembering many may already be fully booked. Once the itineraries are planned the itineraries are passed to the ships Captain who has to check that what’s planned can actually be achieved. All of this is going to take time,  only thing that is sure is that the ships will not be doing the current Black Sea itinerary, if that was the reason for booking it’s probably better to cancel or move to another cruise.

I understand that the Black sea will be impossible but I already cancelled a cruise to be on this one - travelling from australia takes us more than a day to get to Europe - we have at present two cruises booked with two different companies - one which will not change and has to be met on a certain day.  We have flights to europe booked - we land in Athens a few days earlier than the cruise that is not going to happen would be starting.  It is not possible to expect poeple who have been planning to cruise in an area can just shift it to some other time when it is only a part of a six week planned holiday - so that I can book something to take up the three weeks from landing in Athens to meeting the cruise in Kiel I am keen to know what Azamara plan on doing - we are open to different ports in Europe even different start and end ports as long as we can get to a different itinerary we will.  

• Like 1

Making any travel plans over the past 2 years has not been for the faint hearted and  “expect the unexpected” a good moto to adopt.  These recent awful events, only act as a timely reminder that the world remains in a different place and travel will not be without its twists and turns.

Regards

• Like 7

Mediterrainean cruises mid winter is not very popular and it surprised me when I saw Onwards itineraries for the coming winter. Changing to Caribbean is a no brainer, but not very bold. I would have suggested trying Northern Lights cruises out of Dover or Hamburg. They are very popular and more operators are now sailing the Norwegian coast all winter.  

• Like 4

I agree Odd. That’s why we hope to join Viking next week- a kind of risk for Azamara it might introduce competition for our money if we enjoy it. Viking trips generally sail fully sold out far in advance on the northern lights itinerary- certainly an opportunity lost in my mind. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1