Covid tests results

wblotner66

Never tried it on my phone. Probably best to have a print out, as it would be a shame if they don’t accept the results on your phone and you can’t sail.  They did take a picture of my results when I last sailed with them in July.  Might be tougher to do if you only have the results on your phone.

Rather be safe than sorry.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wblotner66 said:

Do you have to print out the results or can you just show on your phone?

Your phone is just fine.

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
  • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
  • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes provider name, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Handwritten doctor’s notes will not be accepted.
  • Telehealth testing at home is only accepted when it meets certain guidelines. See below.
  • Like 1

We do both - have it on our phone as well as a print out as a back up.  Phone has been OK with our last two cruises with RCCL - and based on friends experience in August with Celebrity (also as indicated in their T&C's) the same would be the case with them.  

We also back up our vax cards on the phone as well as the only time it was suggested to have that with us when going ashore was in Nassau in October, and we were told that was acceptable.   Better than taking any chances with losing the printed originals.   However, no one on shore ever asked to see it.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

43 minutes ago, wblotner66 said:

Do you have to print out the results or can you just show on your phone?

You certainly can show your phone. While devices are generally reliable, there is always the chance that just at the most inopportune moment that device will crater. Always best to have a hard copy for backup. YMMV.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

You certainly can show your phone. While devices are generally reliable, there is always the chance that just at the most inopportune moment that device will crater. Always best to have a hard copy for backup. YMMV.

Have seen that happen the last EDGE cruise I took in July.  Couple checking in right in front of me had their VAX info on their phone.  For whatever reason, the lady's phone froze.  Panic ensued.  Assuming she could restart it and all was well.  But, the person checking us in told her to step aside and come back when she was able to access the info.

I went ahead of them, but was never quite sure whether she/they ever were able to recover the info and board.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

I always print mine out cause my phone will take a dump at the most inopportune times. Technology hates me - I can zap a room key faster than anyone you know. My record is on Equinox when I sat in the lounge waiting to get into my cabin for about an hour at a bar. Bought a few drinks - no problem. Go to get into room for 1st time and key doesn't work. Yup, that's me.

Plus I don't like strangers handling my phone in order to view what's on the screen.

25 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

I can zap a room key faster than anyone you know. My record is on Equinox when I sat in the lounge waiting to get into my cabin for about an hour at a bar. Bought a few drinks - no problem. Go to get into room for 1st time and key doesn't work. Yup, that's me.

You are not alone in that situation - which is why my phone and my SeaPass card never meet.  

BTW, are your sure after your "few drinks" it just wasn't operator error with the room key......😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You are not alone in that situation - which is why my phone and my SeaPass card never meet.  

BTW, are your sure after your "few drinks" it just wasn't operator error with the room key......😁

That's the bad part - it was no where near my phone. I used to wear my card around my neck on a lanyard. And yeah, at first I figured it was operator error then remembered I didn't drink that much...yet.

I also have issues with Fitbit's and digital watches. They just stop working.

• Haha 1

As most are saying, we had both…….I also use the digital airline boarding passes, But I also have a printed one in my pocket. Was checking into Washington National and the digital reader was down, and they kept scanning the guy’s phone ahead of me with no luck. I pulled the paper out and went through.

Probably not happening much at all, but…….

den