Odyssey of the Seas itinerary changed for March 12 but not March 26 questions

Sorry, don’t know who to contact. We were substituted Nassau for Grand Cayman. In early February we were changed from Nassau to Coco Cay Yay!  Then a week later we were told it was a glitch. They did this to March 26(us) and March 12th. Following roll calls for both, I noticed that because enough people called and emailed and complained, they were officially listened to and got Coco Cay reinstated. Who do I contact to get Coco reinstated for our March 26 Odyssey of the Seas? We were both lumped together and itineraries mirrored each other. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, caribbeanfever said:

I noticed that because enough people called and emailed and complained, they were officially listened to and got Coco Cay reinstated

Correlation is not causation - not much different than some COVID issues.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, caribbeanfever said:

True, but the letter they got and posted on their roll call states that Royal Caribbean listened to their phone calls and emails and reinstated. That was my point. 

So, then, if we can get enough folks together to complain, we should be able to change any itinerary, right?

33 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So, then, if we can get enough folks together to complain, we should be able to change any itinerary, right?

No. I would never and have never proposed that. Just  that we were given Coco Cay and the shore excursions options, but then it was taken away 3 weeks later. 

2 hours ago, caribbeanfever said:

True, but the letter they got and posted on their roll call states that Royal Caribbean listened to their phone calls and emails and reinstated. That was my point. 5B698F36-11C8-4711-BDC2-4BADEA87E824.thumb.jpeg.d38fff50d9aaf83ec6c1011e0db30828.jpeg

0249CA9E-0D7F-4A53-8C36-5FC16FE77554.jpeg

Makes it sound like guests influenced the change but my guess is that’s just PR (or BS??). 

3 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Believe me when I say there are not enough people on a roll call or on this forum that can persuade a cruise line to move an itinerary.  If it was changed, changed back, or whatever it was on RCL's term not a bunch of cruise critic members.

True.  We discussed it on the Facebook group (over 400 members for our March 12th Odyssey sailing) and many emailed Mr. Bayley's office requesting (not demanding) they consider moving the port back to Coco Cay instead of Nassau because they had changed it to Coco Cay at one point and got many people's hopes up.

Also mentioned was the fact that there was only one ship in port on the day that we were supposed to be in Coco Cay, and at least 6 ships in Nassau on the same day.  Many people said they would not even disembark in Nassau, but if we were in Coco Cay,  RCCL would likely make much more money off of passengers for the day.

We are all very grateful to those who reached out to RCCL, and to RCCL for listening to our comments.

May be an image of text

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No.  I think a big part of the issue is that our itinerary was changed and then changed back again to the previous port that was cancelled.  RCCL chooses the itineraries, not the passengers.

Just an update. The OP posted in the Roll Call that he received an email earlier saying RCCL responded and will be switching the March 26th sailing back to Coco Cay as well and guests should be notified shortly. Wonderful that RCCL is listening to comments and pivoting when possible to satisfy their customers 

• Like 2

Win, Win for everybody.  Good to hear.  Makes much more sense to go to cococay if there is no ship there like they say.  Right now it still shows them in Nassau still (3/27) and both Freedom and Liberty at Cococay.

Not sure it correlates with the story that Cococay was empty that day.  Oh well I may be missing something.

On 2/25/2022 at 7:41 PM, Russ Lomas said:

Just an update. The OP posted in the Roll Call that he received an email earlier saying RCCL responded and will be switching the March 26th sailing back to Coco Cay as well and guests should be notified shortly. Wonderful that RCCL is listening to comments and pivoting when possible to satisfy their customers 

I’m a she lol. My name is Nancy. Thanks to your group we did the nice emails and phone calls and got the “glitch” reversed and had Coco Cay reinstated! Just got the official email  this morning! Many thanks and you all have a wonderful cruise Saturday. 

• Like 1