Shows cancelled!?!

Coachyo

Going on Bliss March 20th. 🛳️ Noticed a few days ago that there the website was no longer showing Jersey Boys or Prohibition show.   Looked again today and still nothing.  I did chat with NCL and all she said was yes there are shows and they will be available once I board.  I just saw on another site someone on Bliss in Panama cruise Feb 4 said they were both cancelled.   🤨Any one know what they have going right now or by my March 20 cruise?  

Thanks for info, CoachYO. 🍺

Norwegian is known for an extremely bad IT system so I would not assume that the shows are not happening. On a cruise to Alaska last September, Tuesday was missing from my itinerary. Not just the events, but Tuesday itself! I called and was told that if it wasn't on the itinerary it was not happening. Since we have always had Tuesdays as far back as I remember, I thought it might be an error and a less experienced person on the phone at NCL. Sure enough, we did have a Tuesday on that cruise and even went to Glacier Bay.

• Like 5
  • Haha 13

39 minutes ago, Coachyo said:

Going on Bliss March 20th. 🛳️ Noticed a few days ago that there the website was no longer showing Jersey Boys or Prohibition show.   Looked again today and still nothing.  I did chat with NCL and all she said was yes there are shows and they will be available once I board.  I just saw on another site someone on Bliss in Panama cruise Feb 4 said they were both cancelled.   🤨Any one know what they have going right now or by my March 20 cruise?  

Thanks for info, CoachYO. 🍺

So,,, your shows are not "cancelled", they are just not available for pre-booking. 

Most recently, show cancellations on current cruises sometimes deal with covid. Either entertainers that are ill or entertainers that have been contact traced and isolated. 

I figured the not booking until boarding but it no longer mentions any shows just that they have a showroom.   Probably IT stuff, just glad we’ll have a Tuesday on our trip. 😀

Thanks, CoachYO🍺

Edited by Coachyo

On the Bliss now.  3 showings of Jersey Boys (2 nites). No Prohibition. Beatles Experience first & last nights. Back in the day (80's cover band, on the ship for multiple trips).  Magician Jackson Rayne. Levity Entertainment Group (comedy).

• Thanks 1

I got off the Pearl on Monday after a 5-day cruise.  We had no production shows in the theatre at all but there was indeed a performance every night by either a comedian, a ventriloquist,   or a singer.  There were also lounge acts performing in some of the bars.   The Pearl right now is interspersing normal cruises between charter music cruises.  I assume that is why they sent the production entertainers home for a while.  The situation on Bliss may or not be caused by a similar situation.   In advance of my cruise the website showed 0 entertainment just like the OP mentioned for Bliss.  

21 hours ago, wacruiselover said:

Norwegian is known for an extremely bad IT system so I would not assume that the shows are not happening. On a cruise to Alaska last September, Tuesday was missing from my itinerary. Not just the events, but Tuesday itself! I called and was told that if it wasn't on the itinerary it was not happening. Since we have always had Tuesdays as far back as I remember, I thought it might be an error and a less experienced person on the phone at NCL. Sure enough, we did have a Tuesday on that cruise and even went to Glacier Bay.

I did have a day taken away from the cruise calendar but we were going west crossing the international date line. We made up for it having 2 St Patrick’s days 🍀🍀 on the way back. 

On 2/26/2022 at 1:49 AM, julig22 said:

On the Bliss now.  3 showings of Jersey Boys (2 nites). No Prohibition. Beatles Experience first & last nights. Back in the day (80's cover band, on the ship for multiple trips).  Magician Jackson Rayne. Levity Entertainment Group (comedy).

Are they doing Six, or has that been canceled?  I saw on another thread that it wasn't being offered, but didn't know if that was just for a specific sailing or if they got rid of it altogether.

What's the capacity level on the ship?  I'll (hopefully) be on her next week and was wondering how many people are currently onboard.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kpjb said:

Are they doing Six, or has that been canceled?  I saw on another thread that it wasn't being offered, but didn't know if that was just for a specific sailing or if they got rid of it altogether.

What's the capacity level on the ship?  I'll (hopefully) be on her next week and was wondering how many people are currently onboard.

About 1800 on board (number varies depending on who you ask!)

As to Six, I really can't say.  I don't remember if it was still listed under entertainment.

• Like 2