Can you bring your own food?

HermmyGranger

I know the rules regarding bringing on your own beverages, but I haven't been able to find a place that says whether it's okay to bring your own food. My son has food allergies (which we've made HAL aware of with their form), so I'd like to be able to bring a few small things that I know he likes and that I know are safe. I'm not talking a suitcase full, but just some of his personal favorites.

It’s not a problem to bring food on the ship IME.  Nor flowers - nor just on embarkation day but on any port day as well.

the issue is in taking it off.  Most ports do not permit any food taken off the ship unless it is hermetically sealed (and that doesn’t even suit some ports 😉 )

• Like 1

I just did that and had no problem.  I have multiple food allergies and had all my meals made to order -the staff was exceptional.     Suggestion - print out the list of you son's food allergies and bring multiple copies with you. When you get on board bring one with you and meet with the maitre'd at the MDR. And then go up to the Lido with the same list and meet with the senior staff.   In the Lido I had to ask for a manager when I ordered my food - and it was made to order for me at that time vs eating from the buffet.  In the MDR your son can order his meals the night before and his food will be made to order taking into account his allergies.  Hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise.

• Like 2