Best approach to tracking down FCC and refund for cancelled cruise

mayleeman

I have posted before about how we had to back out of our Oct 29 Equinox cruise due to a really close (high-contact) friend testing positive on Oct 27 (better safe than sorry). We called X more than 48 hrs before departure, and were told we would get a refund of taxes & fees, and of the upgrade cost to premium drinks for me ($108). We were concerned because our credit card number used to book had changed, and the rep said the bank would credit it. 

Tomorrow it will be 4 months since we cancelled, and we have heard nothing. People have counseled patience previously, but now I am seeing posts about people getting FCCCs and refunds within a month to 6 weeks after cancelling.  

My question is whether it is better to call the general number or is there a better contact to call? Or would an email be better? I don't want to call the general line if tracking things down needs to be done by a specialized office.

We rebooked the same cruise for Oct 22 and want to apply the FCCs to pay the balance.

And comments about how a TA could do this for me are literally 3 years too late! (This was a lift and shift from a cruise we booked in March 2019 for Oct 2020.)

Thanks!

Edited by mayleeman

I would start with CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com  

If you were booked with a TA they would be the ones that should be able to sort it out for you.   They get copies of all FCC's as well as have direct contacts at Celebrity.     I recently contacted the TA's I booked with back in 2019 and had them run a report for me of all open FCC's .    They sent it within hours.

Hopefully the are still in business.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update: Called on Feb 28 to main # and got referred to customer service resolutions rep. They confirmed my cancellation was on time and said FCC email  would go out in 48 hrs, with refund in 21 days.

A week later, called again. The rep checked with resolution dept and that is when I found out they had put my booking in penalty because they entered my cancellation into their system as being 1 day, not 2, before departure. He explained that the error was corrected by a resolution supervisor after that 1st phone call, but the times to expect to get FCCs/refund were woefully wrong. 10 days, he said, for FCCs. He gave me the correct expected amts for the FCCs.

Called again 15 days later (no hold time at 8:15 a.m. EDT) and a very nice rep tracked it down again. She located the FCCs and found a hold had been placed, contacted resolutions to get it cleared, sent my email, and said refund would be in 25-30 days. Got the email.

Read it more closely the next day, and they used a wrong 1st name. Called again, and another rep got it cleared up, and applied it to pay off our cruise for Oct 6.

So, anyone having trouble getting your FCCs after cancelling, make sure they haven't screwed up whether you cancelled in time! It took 4.5 months for mine altogether. 

Now, still waiting on refunds....

If the refund doesn't arrive very soon- call your credit card company and dispute the charges. That usually gets things rolling. Us former Crystal cruisers have vast amounts of experience (very sadly) at getting refunds. 

• Thanks 1