Does the White Pass Railway Sell Out?

jlynchtx

I booked the “Have It All” promotion with Holland America. One of the included perks right now is a free pass to the White Pass Railway. However, you don’t get to reserve the pass like you would normally do with excursions. The rep (and the fine print) told me that we would receive our train times once on board. The problem is, the free railway pass is only good for guests 1 and 2. Our teenage son will be staying in our cabin also and so we have third person who will want to ride. 

So, I’m trying to figure out if I can just wait and buy his ticket once we are on board and I know the time we will be going. Obviously, we would like to all be on the same train. Or is there a chance they will sell out before I am able to buy my son a ticket? This a very strange situation I have never encountered before. Thanks for any input. 

You can also buy a train ticket from the downtown station.  We did through a local tour agency and ended up with only 3 of us in the entire train car!  Did have to board downtown though (1/2 mile or so away as I recall).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lstrong said:

The train holds a lot of people. Highly unlikely to sell out!  But I believe you could purchase on the ship when you find out your assigned time

Thank you, that sounds promising.  I will try to purchase a ticket for our son when we get on board and find out the time we have been assigned. I will just have to hope they still have seats available. 

Great question.  I'm in the same boat - passengers 1 and 2 get the free trips but my kids (pax 3 and 4) don't have tickets.  I just want to know the time of our train, since there are apparently 9 trips per day.  Just FYI - it's $134 for teens if you book directly, $139.95 if you use HAL as the middle man.

9 hours ago, jlynchtx said:

So, I’m trying to figure out if I can just wait and buy his ticket once we are on board and I know the time we will be going. Obviously, we would like to all be on the same train. Or is there a chance they will sell out before I am able to buy my son a ticket? This a very strange situation I have never encountered before. Thanks for any input. 

Call Shore Excursions and ask.  1-888-425-9376.   Monday - Friday 7am-5pm

17 hours ago, PACD_JG said:

Great question.  I'm in the same boat - passengers 1 and 2 get the free trips but my kids (pax 3 and 4) don't have tickets.  I just want to know the time of our train, since there are apparently 9 trips per day.  Just FYI - it's $134 for teens if you book directly, $139.95 if you use HAL as the middle man.

Let me know if you figure out a way to find out the time.