Royal Up Survey

Bid twice since restart; won both times.  Both were booked direct.

I do not mind sharing info, though I’m unsure of your goal.  Both direct and TA bookings clearly can win.  I have no reason to believe one is favored over the other (excluding of course the few TA that refuse to participate in the program). One would need to know details of the number and relative strength of bids from various sources on various sailings from comparable starting categories to prove lack of bias.

12 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I do not mind sharing info, though I’m unsure of your goal.  Both direct and TA bookings clearly can win.  I have no reason to believe one is favored over the other (excluding of course the few TA that refuse to participate in the program). One would need to know details of the number and relative strength of bids from various sources on various sailings from comparable starting categories to prove lack of bias.

No hidden agenda here.  Was just curious if the way you booked made a difference.  Sorry if this made you uneasy 😀

33 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Agree. Both my bids were minimum (weak or low ball) bids - won one, lost one. I guess it depends on what you are betting against to figure the odds (which we will never know). It's best to be content with what you have and if you win, the better, if you lose then it's no big deal. 

58 minutes ago, BIBPhotography said:

No hidden agenda here.  Was just curious if the way you booked made a difference.  Sorry if this made you uneasy 😀

It did not make me uneasy.  I just do not think one can learn much from the info here, other than both direct and TA bookings can indeed win…and I really don’t think that should have been in dispute if one has followed the RoyalUp threads.  If one did suspect some bias in one direction or the other, I do not think it would be easy to gather data to elucidate such bias here.

Many people would like to know the algorithm used by plusgrade.  Hypothetically I’d like to know, but I do not expect to ever know the algorithm.  I

4 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

It did not make me uneasy.  I just do not think one can learn much from the info here, other than both direct and TA bookings can indeed win…and I really don’t think that should have been in dispute if one has followed the RoyalUp threads.  If one did suspect some bias in one direction or the other, I do not think it would be easy to gather data to elucidate such bias here.

Many people would like to know the algorithm used by plusgrade.  Hypothetically I’d like to know, but I do not expect to ever know the algorithm.  I

Sorry to have caused you angst over this.  It was a simple question.  Not trying yo get ugly about it, but it’s people like you who make people uneasy about asking a simple question.  I’ll remove this post as soon as I get home so you won’t have to worry about it!!!

32 minutes ago, BIBPhotography said:

Sorry to have caused you angst over this.  It was a simple question.  Not trying yo get ugly about it, but it’s people like you who make people uneasy about asking a simple question.  I’ll remove this post as soon as I get home so you won’t have to worry about it!!!

I’m not worried. No angst.  No unease. You need not project nonexistent emotions onto my posts.

Edited by Starry Eyes

We Royaled Up in Jan , on the Odyssey. From a balcony suite to a Jr. Suite for $50 each. Directly on website. So worth it. However, only 1400 passengers on that cruise, so likely didn't have much competition. 

The Jr Suites on Odyssey are very nice - 2 bathrooms!

Am bidding for an upgrade on the Mariner in March. 🤞