WiFi

rucrazy

Unfortunately it's your basic cruise ship wifi, not a great satellite used, similar to most other cruise lines.  Basic functions can be performed with no trouble, but complex files and streaming, not so much.  Happy note:  For crises, the staff at Seabourn Square can do wonders in meeting your needs.  We had friends who had a complicated health insurance issue that could not be resolved with the sketchy internet, so the Seabourn Sq. staff set them up with a combo of phone calls and internet help.  Crisis resolved.

• Like 1

On Odyssey and Quest a few years ago we had horrendous wifi in our mid-ship deck 6 cabin, though a few cabins down pax had decent wifi.  I could only get work done on wifi when sitting in Seabourn Square.  So I would buy a drink and park myself outside on a sofa and do it there.  If all you need is email (or if you get lucky and have decent wifi in cabin), you can go to SB Square.

• Like 1

With upgraded package, I was able to stream movies (invaluable when I was in quarantine, but not necessary once released), video chat on FB messenger and FaceTime, and stream Peloton classes.  But if you don’t need all that connectivity, then the free/basic Wifi is decent.

Edited by Hobar
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, toolworker said:

How does the basic/free wifi do with Zoom, assuming no hardware or satellite problems.

We used the basic wifi last month on the Ovation. My husband watched a UK football match and we FaceTimed our grandchildren.

On 3/4/2022 at 8:20 PM, Hobar said:

With upgraded package, I was able to stream movies (invaluable when I was in quarantine, but not necessary once released), video chat on FB messenger and FaceTime, and stream Peloton classes.  But if you don’t need all that connectivity, then the free/basic Wifi is decent.

On most lines, the "upgrade" doesn't affect bandwidth/speed, just removes the block on streaming sites. Is that the case on Seabourn?

And do they block Zoom on the free service? The other lines I'm aware of do not.

On 3/13/2023 at 9:37 AM, toolworker said:

On most lines, the "upgrade" doesn't affect bandwidth/speed, just removes the block on streaming sites. Is that the case on Seabourn?

And do they block Zoom on the free service? The other lines I'm aware of do not.

Don’t know answer to either question.