For those that have been in Junior Suites - how does it work trying to make reservations for dinner at Coastal Kitchen?

moonltnite

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Will definitely be a different world when we are back on Harmony end of May.  😮  We are in B2B OS though...anniversary L&S.  😉 

We're on HM on April 24, 2022 in a GS (unknown to my husband but had FCCs  I had to use) so we will see how it fills up.  We are also in a GS in August (again unknown to my husband -- he doesn't read Cruise Critic) so we will also be able to get a lay of the land vis-a-vis Coastal Kitchen.  We are JSs on Wonder so will be watching Cruise Critic and Facebook about JS passengers and Pinnacles getting reservations in CK.  I think it became harder to snag a reservation because of the reduced capacity due to social distancing the tables.  

On Wonder, they have an Intercom into CK instead of knocking on the door.  

6 hours ago, island lady said:

With the ships filling up again,  and very popular steak night being the first night...not always a guarantee for dinner on first night.  

Not surprised.  It might be a good night to use a BOGO for Chops.  

Edited by SherriZ366

13 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

We're on HM on April 24, 2022 in a GS (unknown to my husband but had FCCs  I had to use) so we will see how it fills up.  We are also in a GS in August (again unknown to my husband -- he doesn't read Cruise Critic) so we will also be able to get a lay of the land vis-a-vis Coastal Kitchen.  We are JSs on Wonder so will be watching Cruise Critic and Facebook about JS passengers and Pinnacles getting reservations in CK.  I think it became harder to snag a reservation because of the reduced capacity due to social distancing the tables.  

On Wonder, they have an Intercom into CK instead of knocking on the door.  

Not surprised.  It might be a good night to use a BOGO for Chops.  

That is what we did on Odyssey using BOGO, and then Giovanni's for second night.  Teppanyaki with John and Laura mid week (using Pinnacle 25.00 vouchers).   Loved mixing it up since it was a new ship for us, wanted to check out as many new restaurants as possible.  We also did MDR one night with service being great...but way too loud and busy.  

The next week we had dinner in CK each night.  

Yeah, I saw that picture a couple of pax posted of Wonder CL/SL set up.  Also very different that you walk by the suites cabins in an open hallway to get there from the elevator.  They didn't seem to close the glass keyed door to the CLS cabins much on other Oasis class ships anyway.  But with the busy hallway to get to CK and the SL, it will be noisier in the hallway for sure though.  😞 

On 3/7/2022 at 7:53 AM, island lady said:

That is what we did on Odyssey using BOGO, and then Giovanni's for second night.  Teppanyaki with John and Laura mid week (using Pinnacle 25.00 vouchers).   Loved mixing it up since it was a new ship for us, wanted to check out as many new restaurants as possible.  We also did MDR one night with service being great...but way too loud and busy.  

The next week we had dinner in CK each night.  

Yeah, I saw that picture a couple of pax posted of Wonder CL/SL set up.  Also very different that you walk by the suites cabins in an open hallway to get there from the elevator.  They didn't seem to close the glass keyed door to the CLS cabins much on other Oasis class ships anyway.  But with the busy hallway to get to CK and the SL, it will be noisier in the hallway for sure though.  😞 

Good plan.  We just aren't MDR people anymore. How was WN's Chops?  Giovanni's looks interesting.  

As for the hall outside of CL/SL, it is a strange setup.  I read somewhere that you need to insert your sea-pass into a slot on the elevator to get to deck 17.  Is that correct and did the Pinnacle Seapass work?  I wonder how that would work for JSs who aren't Pinnacle Friends who just made Pinnacle were able to use the SL and CK this week.   Looking forward to that although there is also supposed to be a Pinnacle Lounge in WN's Music Hall.  

13 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Good plan.  We just aren't MDR people anymore. How was WN's Chops?  Giovanni's looks interesting.  

As for the hall outside of CL/SL, it is a strange setup.  I read somewhere that you need to insert your sea-pass into a slot on the elevator to get to deck 17.  Is that correct and did the Pinnacle Seapass work?  I wonder how that would work for JSs who aren't Pinnacle Friends who just made Pinnacle were able to use the SL and CK this week.   Looking forward to that although there is also supposed to be a Pinnacle Lounge in WN's Music Hall.  

Sherri...I won't be on Wonder until October.  I was referring to Odyssey.  🙂  

Have only been studying videos of Wonder so far.  Trying to figure out very different set up on 17 and 18.   Locked glass door at port side entrance on 17...then a long hallway down past port side cabins on 17 to get to single door of CK/SL.  Non keyed pax have to use intercom before they enter that hallway.  Not sure about keyed elevator, but there is an open stairway that goes from 16 to 17, and then up to 18.  

Chops on Odyssey was good food, great service....no view.  Just lifeboats hanging right next to the window and the walkway.  We didn't return.  CK is so much better, with floor to ceiling full windows out to the sea.  🙂 

There was a Pinnacle "event" in the Music Hall on Odyssey.  Though many times it was very loud with bingo, band testing etc.  Was simply a roped off section on one side.  

Pinnies now have access to SL and CL again...but they will "segregate" if too many on board.  I believe Wonder has over 160 Pinnies on her first cruise...which is not surprising.  

Sherri...I won't be on Wonder until October.  I was referring to Odyssey.  🙂  

Have only been studying videos of Wonder so far.  Trying to figure out very different set up on 17 and 18.   Locked glass door at port side entrance on 17...then a long hallway down past port side cabins on 17 to get to single door of CK/SL.  Non keyed pax have to use intercom before they enter that hallway.  Not sure about keyed elevator, but there is an open stairway that goes from 16 to 17, and then up to 18.  

Chops on Odyssey was good food, great service....no view.  Just lifeboats hanging right next to the window and the walkway.  We didn't return.  CK is so much better, with floor to ceiling full windows out to the sea.  🙂 

There was a Pinnacle "event" in the Music Hall on Odyssey.  Though many times it was very loud with bingo, band testing etc.  Was simply a roped off section on one side.  

Pinnies now have access to SL and CL again...but they will "segregate" if too many on board.  I believe Wonder has over 160 Pinnies on her first cruise...which is not surprising.  

I uploaded the deck plan for you.  

Wonder Suite Neighborhood Deck Plan.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I uploaded the deck plan for you.  

Wonder Suite Neighborhood Deck Plan.jpg

Thanks Sherri.   

Yes, very aware of that deck plan...have pulled it up way too many times.  😉 

The question I had to search for...and got my answer thanks to a few youtubes...was the entrance to CK and SL.  Lucky for me (I am 1770) it is a single entrance on the port side.  I won't get that foot traffic in and out of there.  🙂  Deck 18 has entrance to Suites deck on both port and starboard side. 

• Like 1

We are on the TA Odyssey in April and have a JS for first time.  We have purchased the UDP.  As many cruisers on TA have high status, concerned that we won’t get into CK for dinner.  We usually eat around 7:30. Will have to follow posts to see how many JS get into CK for dinner.  Have to decide if keep UDP if ability to eat in CK is possible.  

The suite concierges on Harmony were able to add my brother & nephew (JS) to our prebooked CK reservations for next week so we don’t have to go ask every night. 😉

Edited by poocher
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 9:17 AM, island lady said:

Thanks Sherri.   

Yes, very aware of that deck plan...have pulled it up way too many times.  😉 

The question I had to search for...and got my answer thanks to a few youtubes...was the entrance to CK and SL.  Lucky for me (I am 1770) it is a single entrance on the port side.  I won't get that foot traffic in and out of there.  🙂  Deck 18 has entrance to Suites deck on both port and starboard side. 

An incentive to book on the Starboard side -- my favorite anyway.  

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 12:06 PM, gfkcruiser said:

We are on the TA Odyssey in April and have a JS for first time.  We have purchased the UDP.  As many cruisers on TA have high status, concerned that we won’t get into CK for dinner.  We usually eat around 7:30. Will have to follow posts to see how many JS get into CK for dinner.  Have to decide if keep UDP if ability to eat in CK is possible.  

Your dinner time of 7:30 pm (or later) may have more availability but it varies from cruise to cruise.  

On 3/10/2022 at 12:09 PM, poocher said:

The suite concierges on Harmony were able to add my brother & nephew (JS) to our prebooked CK reservations for next week so we don’t have to go ask every night. 😉

That's good to hear -- sometimes our party is one full suite and one JS.  The Harmony Suite Concierges are great.  I sailed on HM in a CL and they were fabulous and very efficient on my requests.  

Edited by SherriZ366
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 12:09 PM, poocher said:

So you can reserve CK in advance if in full suite.  I thought that could only book onboard. 

15 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

An incentive to book on the Starboard side -- my favorite anyway.  

Mine too!  Though I was very...very lucky to keep my GS from the Allure to Wonder transfer.  There are less full suites on Wonder than there is on Allure.  I did have to call to get all 3 legs in same cabin.  

All the GS cabins on the ship are on 17.   Owners, CLS on 18.   The big problem was mostly the CLS cabins...those are far fewer.  Happy I did not have one of those booked. There were some very unhappy CLS pax that were down graded to JS.  

On 3/10/2022 at 12:06 PM, gfkcruiser said:

On a TA....I am guessing both JS pax and Pinnacles will have a tough time getting into CK.  

I would keep your UDP.

Edited by island lady

15 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

That's good to hear -- sometimes our party is one full suite and one JS.  The Harmony Suite Concierges are great.  I sailed on HM in a CL and they were fabulous and very efficient on my requests.  

On Harmony again in May for another B2B.  I hope Jackie and Lylie are still on board.  Love those girls!  🙂 

15 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

So you can reserve CK in advance if in full suite.  I thought that could only book onboard. 

Only for full suites (GS and above).   On Oasis class ships, JS pax have to knock on the door and make reservations with host/hostess once on board...depending on availability.  

On Odyssey, it is nice that the host stand is outside...next to exit of WJ, so you  don't have to knock on the door...but you do have to wait until you board to reserve if not in full suite.  

I am assuming poocher is in a full suite, and added the relatives in the JS. 

Edited by island lady

Mine too!  Though I was very...very lucky to keep my GS from the Allure to Wonder transfer.  There are less full suites on Wonder than there is on Allure.  I did have to call to get all 3 legs in same cabin.  

All the GS cabins on the ship are on 17.   Owners, CLS on 18.   The big problem was mostly the CLS cabins...those are far fewer.  Happy I did not have one of those booked. There were some very unhappy CLS pax that were down graded to JS.  

I read about those unhappy passengers that were having trouble getting their Harmony and Allure suite bookings transferred to Wonder.  I had trouble with RCI confirming my 2 JSs in December and February on Wonder but now there are open JSs and also some suites on those two sailings.  

I think being in a GS or other suite in the Suite Neighborhood would be awesome.  Everything you need is close by.  I hardly left deck 17 when I was in a CLS in January and Wonder has added an awesome suite sun deck to this neighborhood.  

12 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I read about those unhappy passengers that were having trouble getting their Harmony and Allure suite bookings transferred to Wonder.  I had trouble with RCI confirming my 2 JSs in December and February on Wonder but now there are open JSs and also some suites on those two sailings.  

I think being in a GS or other suite in the Suite Neighborhood would be awesome.  Everything you need is close by.  I hardly left deck 17 when I was in a CLS in January and Wonder has added an awesome suite sun deck to this neighborhood.  

Yes, we are looking forward to it as well.  Bucky loves to sit up on the suites sun deck to read in the sun...will be way more convenient on Wonder, and the bar area up there looks so inviting.  Plus the little plunge pool for cooling off.  🙂 

On 3/13/2022 at 8:58 AM, island lady said:

Yes, we are looking forward to it as well.  Bucky loves to sit up on the suites sun deck to read in the sun...will be way more convenient on Wonder, and the bar area up there looks so inviting.  Plus the little plunge pool for cooling off.  🙂 

I'm going to use the Suite Sun Deck also as when we sail on WN, we will be Pinnacle -- barring unforeseen events.  We're sailing on WN on 12-11-2022 and 2-26-2023.  

Emmy Schaffer posted lots of pictures of the Suite Sun Deck on the other Social Media page that we're not supposed to mention.  

Edited by SherriZ366
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I'm going to use the Suite Sun Deck also as when we sail on WN, we will be Pinnacle -- barring unforeseen events.  We're sailing on WN on 12-11-2022 and 2-26-2023.  

Emmy Schaffer posted lots of pictures of the Suite Sun Deck on the other Social Media page that we're not supposed to mention.  

In case RCI/Wonder gets pissy on too many Pinnacles, thus bars us from the SL/SL deck/CK....we are in a GS for the four weeks.  😉  I do expect some limitation on the TA for sure.  

We were able to get into CK for both nights we asked for on our 3/6 Oasis cruise.  We picked night 1 at 7:30pm (wanted well after sail away) - and the filet that night was great!   Then we went on night 6 early at 5:30pm.  

On 3/17/2022 at 2:18 PM, island lady said:

In case RCI/Wonder gets pissy on too many Pinnacles, thus bars us from the SL/SL deck/CK....we are in a GS for the four weeks.  😉  I do expect some limitation on the TA for sure.  

TAs get a lot of Pinnacles so I'll be interested in your posts.  I'm also going to bid on some Royal Ups -- the CL really spoiled me.  

If the suite deck gets closed to Pinnacles, I'll be just as happy enjoying my balcony.  

• Like 1

Just off Odyssey in a JS.  Went to CK as soon as we boarded and was surprised to get a standing reservation at 7:30 for all 8 nights.  We didn't plan on eating there all 8 nights, but so enjoyed the staff and atmosphere that we ate there all week.  Day 1 and also day 8 filet was great.  Lobster and rack of lamb night was good, also.  I thought the veal chop and a couple of other items had decreased a bit in quality.  Still a great venue for us.  

15 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Just off Odyssey in a JS.  Went to CK as soon as we boarded and was surprised to get a standing reservation at 7:30 for all 8 nights.  We didn't plan on eating there all 8 nights, but so enjoyed the staff and atmosphere that we ate there all week.  Day 1 and also day 8 filet was great.  Lobster and rack of lamb night was good, also.  I thought the veal chop and a couple of other items had decreased a bit in quality.  Still a great venue for us.  

We did the same.  Love...love CK on Odyssey.  Fantastic crew and great atmosphere.  Love the view!

• Like 1