Footrest for balconies available ....

bluecruisin

Newbie to Celebrity. I just booked a Concierge cabin on the Equinox for May 2022. Are you saying there is no footrest or table on the balcony?  We have 9 cruises on Holland and enjoy our breakfast on the balcony. It's a small thing, but I'll be very disappointed if I can't put my feet up while sitting on my balcony.

34 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Newbie to Celebrity. I just booked a Concierge cabin on the Equinox for May 2022. Are you saying there is no footrest or table on the balcony?  We have 9 cruises on Holland and enjoy our breakfast on the balcony. It's a small thing, but I'll be very disappointed if I can't put my feet up while sitting on my balcony.

That's what they are saying

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Then prepare to be disappointed.  When they update the ships (and with the new ships), also called Revolutionizing, they eliminated the foot stools.  They do have a very small table.  Many of us were very, very unhappy when they made this change (me included!) but they have made no effort to add them back.

That complaining done, overall Celebrity is a fantastic cruise line and there is much to love about them.  Equinox happens to be one of our very favorite ships.

13 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

That complaining done, overall Celebrity is a fantastic cruise line and there is much to love about them.  Equinox happens to be one of our very favorite ships.

Thank you for responding.  I am looking forward to our cruise, but it's good to know the small things that will be different from my past experience on Holland.  I have time to adjust my expectations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cajuntraveler said:

One cruise vlogger recommended packing a (obviously deflated :D) beach ball and then partially inflating it to use for a footrest. I'm thinking of trying this as I love to kick back with my feet up as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gordylad said:

Revolutionized ships...no footstools and slide down windows they replaced for balconies...oh dear

Just to be clear for anyone new to Celebrity - the revolutionized ships do not have slide down windows for balconies - that is on Edge class only.

• Like 3

The new tables are a real joke.  Really sad.  The old tables were great for having breakfast or room service orders on.  You could use your mattress as a table top 😀.   As for footstools, you could bring the blow ups and hope they don't blow off your veranda.

sorry meant to say no footstools and opening windows on the Edge class ships, you know those ones where millions of dollars was spent and staterooms designed by people who obviously knew what the real Celebrity customer wants.....not

10 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Just to be clear for anyone new to Celebrity - the revolutionized ships do not have slide down windows for balconies - that is on Edge class only.

You're correct.  Just to be clear, most veranda cabins on E-class ships don't have real balconies much less foot stools.  I guess Celebrity thought that if you don't have a balcony, you don't need a foot stool.  At least on E-class ships.

Sailing in 2 weeks on the Connie in our first aft-facing cabin...

Truly hoping they will have a real table on the balcony...

Some recent reviews have said yes & some no...

I believe it's dependent upon the cabin.

We are planning on spending lots of time on the balcony  😎
Sun, Warmth & Relaxation - we can't wait...

3 hours ago, Von & John said:

Sailing in 2 weeks on the Connie in our first aft-facing cabin...

Truly hoping they will have a real table on the balcony...

Some recent reviews have said yes & some no...

I believe it's dependent upon the cabin.

We are planning on spending lots of time on the balcony  😎
Sun, Warmth & Relaxation - we can't wait...

We were docked next to the Connie in Dec.  My aft photo didn’t show the furniture, however, this is mid ship decks 6-7-8 where deck 6 is Sky Suites. Hope it helps.

A7E6116E-3396-42AF-8E74-84566E9300E0.jpeg

• Thanks 1