Does Carnival still have a fully refundable before 90 days rate?

asalligo

Look for the rate that usually has the name of the month in it.  It will be a PB4 rate.  These are usually about 40 more pp over the Early Saver but has the 90 day usual term for cancelation.  Call to double check that but I think PB4 is always fully refunded up to final pmt/90 days.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You could always add a CFAR rider to your trip insurance as a hedge too. Gives you a smaller window and you can book a lower fair. IIRC, it was an $80 or so option when I purchased my trip insurance for my cruise. May give more flexibility and is another option, 90 days is a big window.  

1 hour ago, 80sGal said:

Look for the rate that usually has the name of the month in it.  It will be a PB4 rate.  These are usually about 40 more pp over the Early Saver but has the 90 day usual term for cancelation.  Call to double check that but I think PB4 is always fully refunded up to final pmt/90 days.  

This is correct. The PB4 rate is fully cancellable. It is what I am booked under now and I can see my cancellation fee is $0. It probably ends today since it is a Feb promotion, but there will be something else to take it’s place tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

You may not want a fully refundable rate. Assuming 90 days is the final payment date, and prior to that you'll only have paid the deposit, a nonrefundable rate may be a better deal.

Many offers have reduced deposits of $50 pp now, and getting a refundable rate might be $70 more pp (using the example of a cruise I'm looking at). You'd have to think it's more likely than not you will cancel the cruise for paying $70 extra to avoid losing a $50 deposit to be worthwhile.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

11 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Looks like the good old stand by " Past Guest" rate has gone the way of the dinosaurs. Have not seen it in a long time.

I know, this makes me sad. I always really liked the past guest rate. 

• 3 months later...