Did I read somewhere HAL pre-cruise testing window was extended to three days from two?

Spire2000

From today, Carnival have changed to 3 days if you're 'up to date' with vaccinations which includes booster if eligible.  This is in compliance with the recently amended CDC guidance.  If you are 'fully vaccinated' (ie no booster) then it's still 2 days.

I had read that Princess were also changing but they don't appear to have done so yet, and that HAL would too, given that they're both Carnival companies.  HAL's website still states, "Additional flexibility for pre-cruising testing requirements will become available. Details will be posted to the Health & Safety section of our website.", as it has since 18 Feb 22.

I've been watching this closely because it would make a major difference to me for an upcoming cruise, allowing me to use the same test for entry to the US and for boarding the cruise.

37 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

From today, Carnival have changed to 3 days if you're 'up to date' with vaccinations which includes booster if eligible.  This is in compliance with the recently amended CDC guidance.  If you are 'fully vaccinated' (ie no booster) then it's still 2 days.

I had read that Princess were also changing but they don't appear to have done so yet, and that HAL would too, given that they're both Carnival companies.  HAL's website still states, "Additional flexibility for pre-cruising testing requirements will become available. Details will be posted to the Health & Safety section of our website.", as it has since 18 Feb 22.

I've been watching this closely because it would make a major difference to me for an upcoming cruise, allowing me to use the same test for entry to the US and for boarding the cruise.

I hope it comes in time for you!  I also would like to see the three day, as it would be less stressful getting everything done prior to flying out.  If you are lucky enough to live close to the port, of course this is not as big a deal, but those of us flying in the day prior to the cruise are cutting it close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

I hope it comes in time for you!  I also would like to see the three day, as it would be less stressful getting everything done prior to flying out.  If you are lucky enough to live close to the port, of course this is not as big a deal, but those of us flying in the day prior to the cruise are cutting it close.

Absolutely. We will fly to the port two days early, so the extra day would be a godsend for us.

• Like 1