No cruises from Barcelona in 2023?

SpainAlien

30 minutes ago, CielG22 said:

I hope not, as I'm booked on Epic in October 2023 from Barcelona.

Currently Epic is not listed with any cruises in the period May 2023-October 2023. There is a Transatlantic from New York to Barcelona. And then "there is nothing" until  a couple of cruises in November to and from Tel-Aviv, Israel. 

31 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Currently Epic is not listed with any cruises in the period May 2023-October 2023. There is a Transatlantic from New York to Barcelona. And then "there is nothing" until  a couple of cruises in November to and from Tel-Aviv, Israel. 

I saw that and phoned them. They had a look and said they can't see it's been cancelled. The person I spoke to thinks it's likely the Epic Barcelona cruises next year are currently sold out. You can be certain that stress head here has gone from worrying that I definitely DID book a wheelchair accessible cabin ( I did, I can see it every single day when I check the booking) and accessible shore excursions to worrying that the cruise is cancelled. I haven't told my friend as I don't see the point in potentially needlessly worrying them.

7 minutes ago, CielG22 said:

I saw that and phoned them. They had a look and said they can't see it's been cancelled. The person I spoke to thinks it's likely the Epic Barcelona cruises next year are currently sold out. You can be certain that stress head here has gone from worrying that I definitely DID book a wheelchair accessible cabin ( I did, I can see it every single day when I check the booking) and accessible shore excursions to worrying that the cruise is cancelled. I haven't told my friend as I don't see the point in potentially needlessly worrying them.

There is zero chance that the entire Epic Barcelona cruises for next year are sold out.

I'd be very surprised if they were even 25% booked at this point.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I have a booking for the Epic in 2023 and have just received a cancellation notification. It says that all Epic sailings between May 7th and October 29th have been cancelled.

Same. Wouldn't mind but I was assured not that long before that it was going ahead. Now have to liase with the person I'm going with to see whether what's available on those dates (because those are the only dates we can do) appeals and has enough non tender ports to be viable for me with NCL or cruise with someone else. Really not looking forwards to telling them as they were more made up for it than me.

29 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I have a booking for the Epic in 2023 and have just received a cancellation notification. It says that all Epic sailings between May 7th and October 29th have been cancelled.

Well that is disappointing....we're booked May 28th next year....:(. It still shows on MyNCL, but not the web site. I guess I'll wait for the cancellation notice...

I got the cancellation notice too (was booked for May 7, 2023) 😔. My family is talking about doing a land-based trip to Italy in May 2023 so I might have had to cancel anyway but I don't have high hopes that that'll actually happen, so I guess it's back to the drawing board.

14 minutes ago, shhhhh5 said:

I got the cancellation notice too (was booked for May 7, 2023) 😔. My family is talking about doing a land-based trip to Italy in May 2023 so I might have had to cancel anyway but I don't have high hopes that that'll actually happen, so I guess it's back to the drawing board.

We are booked on the TA and then on the May 7th as a B2B. I received two notifications of cancellation- I’m not at home to check my paperwork- did they cancel the TA as well?

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

I'm so sorry for those of you who have had your cruise cancelled.  

Is there any language in your cancellation notice that gives us a clue as to why?

From the letter …

As a result of ship redeployment, all Norwegian Epic sailings from May 7, 2023, through and including October 29, 2023, have been canceled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Blueberry89 said:

From the letter …

As a result of ship redeployment, all Norwegian Epic sailings from May 7, 2023, through and including October 29, 2023, have been canceled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Ship redeployment.....always interesting to see what the changes might be.

And, will other ships be redeployed too?

Edited by Sand and Seas

7 hours ago, Blueberry89 said:

We are booked on the TA and then on the May 7th as a B2B. I received two notifications of cancellation- I’m not at home to check my paperwork- did they cancel the TA as well?

I received the cancellation email twice for just one booking.

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Maybe it has to do with the new restriction Palma De Mallorca's port imposed recently.

I doubt it. The Epic has done entire seasons without visiting Palma in the past.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

The Epic not in the mediterranean? I didn`t think i would be getting old enough to witness that.

It has been in there in the summer for what feels like 30 years. 😉

I`m looking forward to see which ship will replace here on this itinerary.

• Like 1

Included in the cancellation email:

Additionally, all guests will receive a 25% discount in the form of an FCC.  This credit can be used through May 31, 2022, and can be applied towards any of our published sailings through December 31, 2023.  The FCC will be available on March 10, 2022.

So I just talked to NCL customer service - I had paid my deposit with a CruiseFirst certificate and had a question about that - and they said it looks like the cruises that were cancelled are going to be replaced with 9 day cruises. I should've asked more questions but I get flustered on the phone so I don't have more details.

My bet would be this is more to do with cost and terminal availability.

Epic has traditionally occupied Terminal A on prime weekend slot.  This summer most weekends all 5 terminals are occupied and often 6th cruise ship at one of the world terminals.

During midweek there is less turnarounds so any respective business (Barcelona port authority) would want to maximise revenue at peak, encourage more at off-peak.

combined with previous post makes sense if she does extended 9 day cruises as will be turning around on quieter days.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 8:18 PM, shhhhh5 said:

So I just talked to NCL customer service - I had paid my deposit with a CruiseFirst certificate and had a question about that - and they said it looks like the cruises that were cancelled are going to be replaced with 9 day cruises. I should've asked more questions but I get flustered on the phone so I don't have more details.

I hope there are going to be 9 day cruises available. Most of what I'm currently looking at in the Med at that time are either places I don't want to visit or the places I want to visit are tender ports, which are a no go for this wheelchair user. Hope we get some news on what's going to replace them soon.

On 3/1/2022 at 7:53 PM, Sand and Seas said:

Ship redeployment.....always interesting to see what the changes might be.

And, will other ships be redeployed too?

I saw a news article online that the Epic and the Sky were being redeployed for Summer of 2023.  There were no details about where they were going, just that they would not be sailing the itineraries as originally planned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1