Princess Still Offering Free Testing

Keata

I am so surprised to have just read this in my most recent (today) email from them:

Post-Cruise

If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs of a COVID-19 test administered within the timeframe required prior to travel.

Guests should disembark the ship, collect their luggage, clear customs and exit the terminal for testing. Subject to availability, COVID-19 tests will be administered just outside the terminal. Antigen test results will be available in approximately 30 minutes and PCR test results will be available in approximately 60 minutes; please plan your post-cruise travel arrangements accordingly.

Guests are encouraged to review their home country’s health authority and travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.

Someone had a thread the other day here saying Princess couldn’t do the testing because of a worldwide shortage of pcr tests (it was prior to feb 28).  It was in Florida. I had a colleague just return from Florida on the 27 (not on a cruise).  She had no problem getting a pcr.  I also paid to have a pcr approximately 2 weeks ago where I live, again no problems.  Funny how the shortages are confined to the area around the port, yet it’s a “worldwide” shortage.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

The Ontario Government's free rapid response antigen test which are available at grocery stores and pharmacies are approved tests to re-enter Canada. I have 2 boxes of 5 that I will be taking with me; if the port runs out they can have the rest of mine after they test hubby and I  🙂  The kits can also be used by MedioneRx for their zoom proctored tests.

Keata where is the Canadian  government document that states the box of 5 tests handed out at pharmacies and grocery stores good for reentry into Canada if done by a professional on the dock?

Thanks

Bob

I know they must be proctored - as I said I will either use the free kits to pay for the proctored zoom  test saving approx $7 per person or I will give them to the testing facility at the LA dock if they claim they have no tests.

1 hour ago, bobpell said:

Keata where is the Canadian  government document that states the box of 5 tests handed out at pharmacies and grocery stores good for reentry into Canada if done by a professional on the dock?

Thanks

Bob

Called the company BTNX and Air Canada to confirm.  My point through the post is that there are viable antigen tests to use IF the port claims they have none. 

44 minutes ago, Luv2Cruze4 said:

I wish Carnival would take this on. Would make my life a whole lot easier in 2 weeks.

I agree - I was so surprised to see Princess still doing this when NCL basically said you figure it out - especially while disembarking in Europe.

4 hours ago, Keata said:

I agree - I was so surprised to see Princess still doing this when NCL basically said you figure it out - especially while disembarking in Europe.

According to the NCL website they will provide RAT at no cost (Question #14 under FAQs).

Can you kindly let me know what information or experience you have to the contrary? We are cruising with NCL in less than two weeks and I'm seeing lots of conflicting info.

Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 1.19.59 PM.png

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 5:15 PM, Keata said:

I am so surprised to have just read this in my most recent (today) email from them:

Post-Cruise

If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs of a COVID-19 test administered within the timeframe required prior to travel.

Guests should disembark the ship, collect their luggage, clear customs and exit the terminal for testing. Subject to availability, COVID-19 tests will be administered just outside the terminal. Antigen test results will be available in approximately 30 minutes and PCR test results will be available in approximately 60 minutes; please plan your post-cruise travel arrangements accordingly.

Guests are encouraged to review their home country’s health authority and travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.

Subject to availability is useless. they could run out after 1000 people. waiting after leaving ship is also useless if you need to catch a taxi to airport for a 2pm flight.  it is impossible for a lab to test 1500 people in 60 min.

10 hours ago, Keata said:

Thanks

Bob

my understanding regarding the box tests . you must make a zoom call to confirm the results with telahealth or acculab ( $39 dollar must schedule) i have not had a confirmation that this could be done overseas.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bobpell said:

Thanks

Bob

acculab or telehealth paid appointment zoom call .. you can use the free tests. check acculab site for tests that are allowed.

2 minutes ago, teresaluk said:

Subject to availability is useless. they could run out after 1000 people. waiting after leaving ship is also useless if you need to catch a taxi to airport for a 2pm flight.  it is impossible for a lab to test 1500 people in 60 min.

Given current passenger loads, and the fact the US residents don't need post-cruise testing, I doubt that you'll see 1000 passengers coming off a cruise and needing to be tested any time soon.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, teresaluk said:

my understanding regarding the box tests . you must make a zoom call to confirm the results with telahealth or acculab ( $39 dollar must schedule) i have not had a confirmation that this could be done overseas.

Another alternative 

https://www.medionerx.com
You used the Rapid Antigen Test Kits the government handed out in the past month which is approved by the Canadian Government for entry. 

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Given current passenger loads, and the fact the US residents don't need post-cruise testing, I doubt that you'll see 1000 passengers coming off a cruise and needing to be tested any time soon.

oh interesting american dont' need a test to get on a flight.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

US residents don't need post-cruise testing because the ship is in a USA port.  We will have to wait and see what happens when a ship is in a Canadian port.  Maybe, Canadian residents don't need post-cruise testing and US residents do.

1 hour ago, teresaluk said:

excellent thank you . this will be great. i will try one before i travel also just to be sure it works out.

Keep us posted on how you made out.  I just discover this website today and there is no reviews on it.

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

US residents don't need post-cruise testing because the ship is in a USA port.  We will have to wait and see what happens when a ship is in a Canadian port.  Maybe, Canadian residents don't need post-cruise testing and US residents do.

Yes, Princess may well need to adjust its protocols depending on what cruise regulations Transport Canada introduces in the days ahead.