? On Seashore Owners Suite Perk

The Admiral

In 2019 before the pandemic, if you booked the Royal Suite on the Seaside you had a dedicated private cabana all week in the yacht  club pool reserved for the “Royal Suite”.

so does anyone know if this is still a perk if you book the Royal or Owners suite on the Seashore?  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

IMG_1535.thumb.jpg.959512624c906d51f5d1b

"morpheusofthesea" would be the best to answer the question (mots took the photo and stayed in the OS) but it looks like the cabanas have been replaced with pergolas. 

I have the RS booked but I won't be on until June. 

Yes, TWO is one of the most helpful posters this board has. He has helped me numerous times just reading his posts to others. There are a number (8 ? ) of these cabanas/pergolas on the YC sun deck. 2 are reserved for OS and 2 for RS. Had one of the best times on a cruise ship ever.... hope to be back in a couple of weeks, same cabin, same cabana/pergola.

P.S. We try to rationalize our (too) many cruises by saying to ourselves "We should have done more cruises" (when it's too late).

Edited by morpheusofthesea
P.S.

I know your question is for Seashore, but in case anybody wondering for Mera, it is up in the air.  We sailed late September and there are only three cabanas.  The first one is the best.  The first one got mostly by RS upsell.

We got shuffled around between first and mostly second the whole week.  Third occupied by six loud mouth smoking drunks.

I believe that phissy said on recent trip had to ask firmly for one.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes, TWO is one of the most helpful posters this board has. He has helped me numerous times just reading his posts to others. There are a number (8 ? ) of these cabanas/pergolas on the YC sun deck. 2 are reserved for OS and 2 for RS. Had one of the best times on a cruise ship ever.... hope to be back in a couple of weeks, same cabin, same cabana/pergola.

P.S. We try to rationalize our (too) many cruises by saying to ourselves "We should have done more cruises" (when it's too late).

I can't find anything on the website about this "perk." 

Is there anything about it in writing or is it up to the descretion of the YC staff?

Which ships offer this?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Av8tor said:

Is there anything about it in writing or is it up to the descretion of the YC staff?

Which ships offer this?

Thanks

It is not on the website.

Descriptors mentioned for Yacht Club Experience are much less detailed than they were pre pandemic.

MSC has scaled back some YC perks.
RS used to get cabanas both on board and on private island. Now, just on board, and seems like upon request only.

We have only sailed Meraviglia, all three times in RS. First time was upgrade. Then we were hooked.😀🥂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Av8tor said:

Which ships offer this?

Thanks

That is interesting that a few 'things' are not listed in writing. I was wondering about CC Chris's post and her review about her suite coming with a bottle of spirits of her choice. I asked her your question, I couldn't find it on the website. I also asked if she was comped that cabana on Ocean Cay? It was $500 for the day on our Feb 12, 2022 cruise.

We had the complimentary cabana on the YC sun deck on the Seaside in the RS.

15 minutes ago, phissy said:

MSC has scaled back some YC perks.

I do not remember the toiletries being any different in the RS. Just that it was hard to distinguish shampoo from body lotion without reading glasses in the shower. There were no slippers, had my own flip-flops for the shower. No champagne/prosecco on ice when we arrived. Did not really care about these incidentals, the entire experience is what really counts. So far there is none better.

IMG_0679.jpeg

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

That is interesting that a few 'things' are not listed in writing. I was wondering about CC Chris's post and her review about her suite coming with a bottle of spirits of her choice. I asked her your question, I couldn't find it on the website. I also asked if she was comped that cabana on Ocean Cay? It was $500 for the day on our Feb 12, 2022 cruise.

We had the complimentary cabana on the YC sun deck on the Seaside in the RS.

We were on cruise end of November.

Bottle of sparkling wine in cabin and another for Diamond. Ended up taking those 4 home. ( two for each week)

We never did get chocolate ships on first cruise. Wondering if that was in our passenger profile.
We ended up with 6 chocolate ships for our B2B.

Halfway through second week, the change over from minis in fridge to 1 large bottle of liquor or bottle of wine.
No more peanuts or other small cans of treats. Jar of nuts for fee.
Butler knew Mr. Phissy loved the small mixed nuts and chocolate peanuts. He gave us large supply when change over happened. 😁

Cabana up on deck was reserved for us gratis.

Asked pool deck butler for bottle of NF in cooler each day with bottled water and soft drinks.

Cabana on Ocean Cay would have been $500/ day.
If we were traveling with friends, would have been worth doing. 

Had robes and slippers then. Toiletries as shown in pic. Agree, hard to distinguish them apart. 

One other change noticed. First cruise we had table reserved for us in dining room. This time, whatever was open, even next to large family with 2 toddlers .🙄

• Like 1