Back from the Edge Review of Feb 20 Sailing and hints and Tips I wish I had known before I sailed.

So there has been much talk about the "Main Dining Room" (I refuse to use the Cruise Critic acronyms) Their isn't a main dinning room on Edge, there are four. Cosmopolitan,  Cyprus, Tuscan, and Normandie.  Other than going to take pictures we never went to the main dinning room. For a couple reasons. 

One, I have a food allergy so I prefer to eat at the buffet. It is a personal choice. 

Two the Oceanview Café on the Edge is probably the best buffet at sea. 

The buffet for dinner is one of the most under rated things on a ship in my opinion. The food was outstanding, there were far more choices than at the dining room complex, there is full bar service for whatever you want to drink and their is outdoor seating. If you have never done the buffet for dinner I encourage you to try it on your next cruise. We had 4 nights at specialties so we ended up doing the other nights upstairs. 

One thing with Edge is the ship is very "app" heavy. You have to take your phone everywhere. It is the only place to find out what the menu is at the Main Dinning Room.  I missed the tradition of having the menu displayed and stopping by during the day to look at it. Even on some of the other ships that have gone digital they had a screen displaying the menu

The last reason to go to the Buffet on Edge for dinner. The pastry chef is an artist. If you don't go for dinner go up for dessert just to see the calorie laden art on display. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chriskoo said:

I’m on the Edge in early April with the same itinerary - following this post with interest.  Thank you for the pics of your room. We booked a sunset veranda in order to get a “real” balcony, looks like we made the right decision. I like to have the option of going outside to read while my husband sleeps in, it doesn’t look like the infinite veranda would work well for this.

Sunset Veranda is definitely the way to go.  I have booked SV on two Edge sailings.  

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Here is the Eden drink menu. These are also available at the bar if you want to try them. If you have the premium drink package, that covers you up to $15. So some of these you have to pay the difference for. They also have a wine list and pretty much a full bar with whatever you might want, these are just the signature drinks

Edge Eden drink Menu1.jpg

2 hours ago, Chriskoo said:

I’m on the Edge in early April with the same itinerary - following this post with interest.  Thank you for the pics of your room. We booked a sunset veranda in order to get a “real” balcony, looks like we made the right decision. I like to have the option of going outside to read while my husband sleeps in, it doesn’t look like the infinite veranda would work well for this.

Do you know if the sunset verandas on Edge allow the dividers between balconies to be removed, allowing for a larger shared balcony space?  This is one of the best features of any regular balcony cabin when traveling with others.  It appears the infinite veranda eliminates that perk.