Back from the Edge Review of Feb 20 Sailing and hints and Tips I wish I had known before I sailed.

5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Unless the logic was an "OR" situation. If the window OR the doors are closed, then the A/C can be on. If both are open, then A/C is off.

Your username certainly checks out 🤣

On 3/2/2022 at 12:46 PM, Chriskoo said:

I’m on the Edge in early April with the same itinerary - following this post with interest.  Thank you for the pics of your room. We booked a sunset veranda in order to get a “real” balcony, looks like we made the right decision. I like to have the option of going outside to read while my husband sleeps in, it doesn’t look like the infinite veranda would work well for this.

We were also on this cruise, in my review that was exactly what I said,  I love to read on the balcony while hubby sleeps,  lol, I felt the same way as The flying pirate about the veranda.  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 12:55 PM, go.without.you said:

I'm not buying this. An Uber for 2 people would be less than $22, the hotel just wants the revenue.

Plus, if you were indeed "dropped off at the gate" which is a good mile or two from the ship, wouldn't you report that to Uber? And then that driver would be tagged as "unable to deliver to pier" and those trips would not be offered to them via the app. Remember you have to pick your drop off point so its not like the driver and Uber doesn't know where they are taking you.

We used Lyft from the car rental place, into the cruise port,  right outside of check in, less than $12.00

On 3/2/2022 at 1:02 PM, mac_tlc said:

Interesting about the Martini Bar. On Apex 1/29 sailing, they did the bottle juggling and pyramid martini pour twice a night, and it was listed in the daily planner.

mac_tlc

It was the same on the Apex TA in October.  The bartenders were great with their “show”

On 3/3/2022 at 5:35 PM, miaminative0853 said:

Total nonsense. Used Uber in January from hotel to port with no problems. Ubers and Lyfts everwhere. No problems at the entry gate. The hotel's attack on "immigrants" is shameful.

Exactly this. Agreed that we shouldn’t shoot the messenger, but it’s no wonder people are commenting on this because it’s a pretty gross insinuation to make. 

Thanks for the awesome review though OP - the menu photos are awesome and I loved the pics of the Eden windows. We have an ocean view cabin on deck 3 because we got moved to the Edge from another sailing, but that’s awesome info as I’m sure we will want to watch a few sunsets from up there, cocktails in hand!

Enjoyed your review.  We were on the Apex last month and totally agree about the infinity balcony.  Perfect for cooler climate cruises ( ie Baltics, British Isles, etc) as it does make the room bigger, but we really missed a regular balcony in the Caribbean

Hey Flying Pirate!

Sorry we did not actually meet on the Edge Feb 20 sailing.

Not hijacking the thread hopefully.  I waited until you appear done before posing this, but adding on some additional posts and comments. 

Regarding Uber, I used it 3-times in Ft. Lauderdale and once in Seattle.

Feb 20, 2022 9:00am. Avis Rental return to LagoMar Uber X =$23.28

Feb 20, 2022 11:00am Lago Mar to Celebrity Terminal 25 Black SUV = $58.00

Feb 27, 2022  9:33am Celebrity Terminal 25 to Avis Rental Black Sedan = $25.14

Feb 27,2022  11:43 pm Seattle Airport to my home 45-minute ride = $261.11!  ARG... another story...

Edited by Sam.Seattle

On 3/2/2022 at 2:02 PM, mac_tlc said:

Interesting about the Martini Bar. On Apex 1/29 sailing, they did the bottle juggling and pyramid martini pour twice a night, and it was listed in the daily planner.

mac_tlc

We just got off the Edge and the Martini Bartenders were awesome, they did the juggling, multi pouring of Martinis, They were great !! 

2 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Hey Flying Pirate!

Sorry we did not actually meet on the Edge Feb 20 sailing.

Not hijacking the thread hopefully.  I waited until you appear done before posing this, but adding on some additional posts and comments. 

Regarding Uber, I used it 3-times in Ft. Lauderdale and once in Seattle.

Feb 20, 2022 9:00am. Avis Rental return to LagoMar Uber X =$23.28

Feb 20, 2022 11:00am Lago Mar to Celebrity Terminal 25 Black SUV = $58.00

Feb 27, 2022  9:33am Celebrity Terminal 25 to Avis Rental Black Sedan = $25.14

Feb 27,2022  11:43 pm Seattle Airport to my home 45-minute ride = $261.11!  ARG... another story...

Yes I missed the Meet and Mingle party to get together. I think that fell victim to Covid caution. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 8:47 AM, r2h2 said:

A great view indeed. Over 180 degrees for us on the back of the Edge in a sky suite on the 7th deck. This location is also closest to the water.  Bring your own binoculors as the ones in the cabin are useless.

Funny you say this about the binoculars, we have just ordered 2 pair since we are on an Alaska cruise this July.  Decided to keep both pairs.