Question for anyone that has used CVS for antigen testing...

I set up an appointment, and assumed that results are simply sent to email and/or text, but then I was told on a thread that once the results are in, you have to set up a "my chart". I tried for over an hour to do this - figuring it'd be worthwhile to have it set up ahead of time being that two days before the cruise is going to be hectic enough to get the test done and everything else that needs doing. Well, every time I tried to set up a 'my chart' I got a notice that it "could not verify my identity". At times really weird questions would come up..."are you associated in the past with any of these phone numbers"...."did you ever own any of the following car models"....  I mean, seriously?  After much frustration, I finally tried to sign up another way by clicking on (I think anyway), 'sign in'. From there, it somehow came up with a link between our email address and these old CVS caremark cards that we used to have as part of our public school Blue Cross coverage. Through the recognition of those cards, I was able to obtain an activation code and so was able to set up an account at cvs.com. However, since the cards were linked to only my wife's name (I think I pitched my old cards just a few months ago since we don't have Blue Cross anymore), both accounts linked to her and the email addresses were screwed up. Since those didn't match what I used to make the appointment, had to go BACK in again and change alot of personal information. So I am now, in a manner of speaking, my wife...only using a different name and email address. She is still herself. I'm weirdly reminded of the Beatles song.... "I am he as you are he as you are me And we are all together"....goo goo ga joob....

NOW....here's the question....will signing in to the account and (allegedly) being able to navigate from the regular site page to something called the "health dashboard" be a means of accessing the covid test results? It appears as such OR will I still need to set up a "my chart" for DW and myself?  This has been driving me crazy for the past 3 hours. One poster on CC who has been through this indicated to just wait till the tests are done and then they'll send an activation code to set up a "my chart". However, I've read stories where people waited several days in some cases for the results to come through OR continued to get the "unable to verify your identity" notice when trying to set up a 'my chart'. Gosh...cruising USED to be easy. (Maybe SHOULD have gotten the emed tests!!!!)

IF someone now tells me that NONE of the above is necessary and that the results simply come through text or email and then easily printed out, I'll proceed to hoist a heavy object through the screen of my macbook.....

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

I set up My Chart CVS accounts for both of us...no problems answering all their questions and downloading our insurance card pic. and it only took a few minutes...I think the questions were just verifying that it's you since this is medical information.. Test results were sent with a code on my iPhone and to our desktop to verify about 15 min after we took the tests. Printed out the hard copy to take with us. CVS worked great for us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had antigen test from CVS for our cruises (Oct & Dec).  We scheduled both of them from CVS site and also created our accounts from MyChart.  It worked great for us and will schedule for another antigen test for our next cruise late this spring.  They said the result in about one hour or so, both ours came in about 2 hours after the test just have to be patience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for replies. I'm undoubtedly worried way too mucn about this. Marco is indicating that there was no need to set up any sort of account. 

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

I set up My Chart CVS accounts for both of us.

..meaning you did it before taking the tests?  Setting up the test appointment was easy enough, so I anticipated the same with having to do a 'my chart'. The way I read the instructions, there is no need to wait for results. It can be done anytime. What creates some level of anxiety is reports of some people having gotten results but then unable to set up mychart. 

2 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

and also created our accounts from MyChart.

...similar to what I asked Ashland...did you do this before or after testing? 

• Like 1

We had the rapid antigen test at CVS on 2/12/22.  We received the texts that our results were available within forty minutes.

Contrary to everyone else's experience, I could not send the results of the antigen tests to any other storage (I phone 11 - wallet) or print out the pages.  

The option just wasn't there.

I even when to the local CVS store and two tech savy employees familiar with the site spent time with me trying to send the results to have them available other than the link  

They could not do it either.

Here is the final cumbersome solution. With my daughter on her I phone, I took a screen shot of the texts containing the links and sent the screen shots by i messenger to her phone.

She sent the messages to her email and then forwarded the messages to our email.

Once that was done, we could access the emails on our computer, the links worked, and we could print out the test results.

I strongly suggest that the test results be available in a paper version.

We boarded in Tampa and there was a long line of frustrated passengers waiting for tech help at the entrance to the terminal. For whatever reasons, their phones could not access the internet and therefore could not show the required information.

Those of us with hard copies of all required documentation breezed through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

IF someone now tells me that NONE of the above is necessary and that the results simply come through text or email and then easily printed out, I'll proceed to hoist a heavy object through the screen of my macbook.....

Hoist away....none of that is necessary. Have gotten CVS rapid antigen tests for ten of my cruises since the Royal Comeback. Easy peasy. Be sure to always take a printed copy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lovelife said:

Have gotten CVS rapid antigen tests for ten of my cruises

Yeah but how were the test results obtained? Did you have to get the link to set up a mychart, or care.cvs.com site? Or simply get them from a text or email and then print out from that?  In my case, I'm not being successful with either of the two sites. Just spent the last 2 hours talking to 5 different reps and none of them have been able to help with the  problem of the site not recognizing my wife's identity. That's on top of about 3 hours last night trying to set up online accounts. Talked to minute clinic just now and they can't promise that the results are obtainable through any link from the cvs.com website. I will be on pins and needles till I have these results in my hands. This is ALOT of trouble for only an 8-day cruise. 

I'm told by the one rep that they are having so much trouble of late with people trying to use 'my chart' that they're thinking of scrapping it. 

Based on my online and phone experiences thus far I would NEVER recommend using CVS for these tests. Wish I had gotten the emed tests a few weeks ago. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

7 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Or simply get them from a text or email and then print out from that

That's what we just did.  Did you get the text?  If so, open text and put in verifying information(BD, phone number)  Then, the results come up.  From there go to the send option(Iphone, square box with arrow) push that, once on that go down to print option.  We also saved the results to our ibooks, but printed one too.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Thanks for replies. I'm undoubtedly worried way too mucn about this. Marco is indicating that there was no need to set up any sort of account. 

..meaning you did it before taking the tests?  Setting up the test appointment was easy enough, so I anticipated the same with having to do a 'my chart'. The way I read the instructions, there is no need to wait for results. It can be done anytime. What creates some level of anxiety is reports of some people having gotten results but then unable to set up mychart. 

...similar to what I asked Ashland...did you do this before or after testing? 

Yes, we did before the test because at that we can print (hard copy) our results and take along with us if for some reason the wi-fi is off at the pier we still have those to show at the pier.

Edited by ChattTenn

13 hours ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

I Well, every time I tried to set up a 'my chart' I got a notice that it "could not verify my identity". At times really weird questions would come up..."are you associated in the past with any of these phone numbers"...."did you ever own any of the following car models"....  I mean, seriously?  

What this tells me is they're probably trying to confirm you are who you say you are by matching info with a credit bureau.  If you've ever tried pulling a credit report for yourself, you get these types of questions when they're trying to verify you are who you say you are.  Might sound crazy, but it's not unusual at all for setting up access to medical records for this type of confirmation to be done.

Piper...I have no doubt that you're correct. My wife went through this same hassle when applying for Social Security. Was never able to do it online despite numerous attempts and help from agents. Whatever caused trouble then is possibly causing the same issue now. What I don't understand, however, is why I was able to set up a regular cvs account for both of us, since that also can link directly to care.cvs (which, however, requires a separate login). This has been insane.

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

15 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

we did before the test

Yeah, well, that's what I've been trying to do. I think I have probably about 6 hours invested in it by now. I have a suspicion that this identity issue is going to be a problem once the test results are available. If that happens, I hope the minute clinic agent knew what she was talking about in referring to simply sending them by email / text as a means of printing them out. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

15 minutes ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Our test is not till the 15th. I was just hoping to get all the pertinent account info set up well in advance. Thanks for your info. HOPEfully all will go well once we get the results. I'm probably too over worried about it. 

I get it, I was the same way. It is stressful, but it will be okay. I never did the mychart thing, just used the text so I can't say how that works. Good luck

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Level six said:

ust used the text so I can't say how that works.

OK...that's reassuring. Looking forward to that welcome glass of champagne on the ship....or....wait...maybe the pandemic protocols have replaced that with a glop of hand sanitizer instead ? 😆

• Like 1

If I recall correctly.  When setting up an account on MyChart CVS they had several questions with multiple answers for a person to choose from (I guess it is for security purposes) before completing a register.  It was pain but once I got through I just signed and my results were there.

2 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

multiple answers for a person to choose from (I guess it is for security purposes)

Yeah...you could say that. I must have encountered 3 lists of weird phone numbers (that I never had), lists of addresses (that I never lived at) and a few others of cars (that I never owned)...and STILL they didn't recognize our identities. I've given up on trying to register for mychart. We are the unknown, unidentified people as far as CVS is concerned. Guess that's what happens as a result of flying long haul a month before 9/11..heard afterwords that we, along with many others undoubtedly, were arbitrarily put on lists of 'possbily suspicious passengers' LOL