Arrival Times to Pier for Check-in

We are going on our first cruise since arrival times have been required and followed.  Can someone tell me how the process works?  Do we go into our cruise details and set an arrival time or does RC do that?  This is for our Alaska cruise on Quantum of the Seas.

Thanks in advance!  

6 minutes ago, slyster said:

Okay thank you.  I didn't know we checked in either.  Does RC send an email 45 days ahead or is that something we keep track of?  

You'll get an email saying it's time to check in. 

The arrival time is assigned at the very end of the check-in process. 

People who check in early get first choice of the preferred earlier arrival times. 

If you want to get an early arrival time but are not ready to do the entire check-in process you can skip past everything (or put in some "temporary" place-holder information where required) to get to this last step and get your time assigned. Then come back later to fill in the details required for check-in later. 

• Like 2

Don’t wait for the email.  Midnight EST on day 45 your check in should open.  It’s easier to just quickly grab an arrival time & do the rest later on the app which you should have downloaded in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Don’t wait for the email.  Midnight EST on day 45 your check in should open.  It’s easier to just quickly grab an arrival time & do the rest later on the app which you should have downloaded in advance.

Okay, thank you for that.  I called RC about another issue and asked about the process.  They told me 30 days.  I realized it conflicted what I heard here which means you all are in the "know".  LOL.  Thanks everyone!

3 hours ago, SG65CB said:

The arrival time is assigned at the very end of the check-in process. 

People who check in early get first choice of the preferred earlier arrival times. 

If you want to get an early arrival time but are not ready to do the entire check-in process you can skip past everything (or put in some "temporary" place-holder information where required) to get to this last step and get your time assigned. Then come back later to fill in the details required for check-in later. 

That’s how the process worked on my laptop.  But I switched to the app on my phone and was able to just choose our arrival time and fill out the rest later.

So my recommendation is use the app to grab your arrival time.

Also, checkin opens up at 12:00 EST.  I was able to grab my arrival time slot at 11:00pm CST in the app and then go to bed.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am digging this up...are folks still finding they are able to choose check-in/arrival times  45 days before their cruise?  We have changed sailings and will now be sailing on Enchantment of the Seas in August.

Edited by slyster

1 minute ago, slyster said:

are folks still finding they are able to choose check-in/arrival times  45 days before their cruise? 

Check in yes, the ability to choose check in times may be delayed a bit on some ships.

Okay, I saw a thread last week about delays and that's why I dug the thread up again.  I'll check 45 days out just in case it's available for Enchantment.  Thanks!

10 hours ago, sunlover2 said:

How does check in work when you have "The Key"? Do they give you the time prior to those available?

You usually can join the suite line and while officially get a one hour grace, in reality you can probably just show up whenever.

On 3/4/2022 at 3:26 PM, slyster said:

Okay, thank you for that.  I called RC about another issue and asked about the process.  They told me 30 days.  I realized it conflicted what I heard here which means you all are in the "know".  LOL.  Thanks everyone!

Earlier this year check-in (at least on some ships) was at the 30 day mark. Granted, final payment dates were also shortened to 30 days. Your sailing may still be at the 30 day mark, or the RC Rep may be giving out the old info. And I hope I am not confusing my cruise lines with this statement:)