Retreat Cabana: should I see it on my reservation anywhere?

Orsino

I booked a retreat cabana on Eurodam for later this month. I've also booked dining and shore excursions. I can see dining and shore excursions on my account, but I don't see anything about the retreat cabana. Is this normal or should I be worried?

You will only get a confirmation email from HAL, usually the Cabana name or number included. It won’t show up in your account online.

I usually make sure I have a copy of the email when I board, but I’ve never had to show it. 

Cabanas are the best! Have fun.

Edited by nooligans

Had a family cabana on the Rotterdam last week...very nice!   I just brought a copy of the email I received....def worth the money...my adult kids loved it and used it every day.

It shows up on the Navigator App as an event every day once onboard.    Before then, only the email as others have stated.    Your TA can look inside the HAL system and "see" the reservation.    Or your PCC. 

on Vista class ships there is a single, separate, elevator to get to the retreat.    Not sure about the Eurodam.   Our elevator has been out of service for months.   If you couldn't take the stairs you were out of luck and they would give you a refund.  

9 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

It shows up on the Navigator App as an event every day once onboard.    Before then, only the email as others have stated.    Your TA can look inside the HAL system and "see" the reservation.    Or your PCC. 

on Vista class ships there is a single, separate, elevator to get to the retreat.    Not sure about the Eurodam.   Our elevator has been out of service for months.   If you couldn't take the stairs you were out of luck and they would give you a refund.  

They still haven't fixed the dang elevator yet?   My parents were on Zuiderdam Jan 2-30 and the elevator was out then too.    I'm still hoping they get it fixed by April 6

5 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

They still haven't fixed the dang elevator yet?   My parents were on Zuiderdam Jan 2-30 and the elevator was out then too.    I'm still hoping they get it fixed by April 6

They said they hope to have the part when the ship returns to San Diego.   Confidence level seemed low     I wouldn't plan on it being fixed. 

• Like 1

No, all you will get is an email from them confirming it (an email they actually type out and send to you, not something system generated). You will not see anything anywhere else other than on your credit card statement. The cabana booking process is very manual (think an excel spreadsheet for each cruise)

Edited by zgscl

Do make sure you take your receipt with you.   Pre-covid we booked and paid for a family retreat cabana and when we got to the ship they had given it to someone else.   HAL made good on the situation but we were bummed none the less.     Of course, that didn't stop me from booking another one for our April 3rd cruise.   I LOVE them!

1 hour ago, cruzin4us said:

Do make sure you take your receipt with you.   Pre-covid we booked and paid for a family retreat cabana and when we got to the ship they had given it to someone else.   HAL made good on the situation but we were bummed none the less.     Of course, that didn't stop me from booking another one for our April 3rd cruise.   I LOVE them!

Yikes. That’s what I’m afraid of. I guess all I can do is print my email and hope for the best. 

I need to call them next week since I did not get an email for the booking I made on Friday although my card was charged. It was right at the end of the day so they probably just forgot. 

I had originally booked a family cabana, then we downgraded and then decided to upgrade back. While the family cabanas were sold out it turns out that when we downgraded they didn't cancel the reservation from the spreadsheet (or whatever system is used) so we were able to get it back. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 4:51 PM, soprano said:

How far in advance can the cabanas be booked?

As far as I know you should be able to book for any cruise that is live in the system. They are happy to take your money as far out as you will give it to them. 

1 hour ago, ladyj1138 said:

Are there heaters in the cabanas on Alaska itineraries? Are the cabanas only at the Retreat, or are they also on the Lido for AK cruises?

No heaters, but they provide blankets.

The only Lido cabanas are on Eurodam and N. Amsterdam.  No other ship has the Lido cabanas,  only the Retreat cabanas. 

• Like 1