Anyone have experience using MedioneRX to fly internationally?

drakes2

I was wondering if anyone has used them for the proctored testing. You can  purchase kits from them directly or use your own home test kits, any test that's Government approved . The test is done via a zoom call with a telehealth professional at a cost of $24.99 plus HST. Sounds very reasonable. Have a cruise to Hawaii booked for next month so more concerned in getting tested for return flight to Canada. 

1 minute ago, trtog7 said:

We used them for our PCR test to fly to Norway in January.

Very professional and we had our results very quickly.

Have not used them for self tests.

The self tests must be new since the rules just changed this week.  I see West Jet is offering them as well. 

Virtual rapid antigen test providers seem to be popping up everywhere since protocols changed.  Here is another company that charges $20 for the 1st person and $5 additional for the 2nd to 4th person.  The free test (BTNX green box) provided by the federal government can be used for this.  People have used this company as discussed in a Canada deal forum and 'Canada Travel During Covid' group on social media.

https://lifecenters.ca/shop/

• Thanks 1

@cruiseamm Thanks so much for this.  I have booked my husband and I for April 2nd in advance of our flight to LA.  As I have the very 1st appointment of the day, if anything goes wrong I still can get a test done in plenty of time.

On 3/4/2022 at 2:36 PM, Keata said:

@cruiseamm Thanks so much for this.  I have booked my husband and I for April 2nd in advance of our flight to LA.  As I have the very 1st appointment of the day, if anything goes wrong I still can get a test done in plenty of time.

I message this company and this is their reply... 

You can use your BTNX test in conjunction with our virtual test option for entry into the US and back into Canada (A separate test is needed). Depending one which cruise line you're sailing with they have different requirements which the BTNX tests do not meet unfortunately. Appointments are highly recommended to ensure you have the time that best suits your needs and can be made at www.lifecenters.ca/book-online

Edited by schiff1997