Nynashamn to Downtown Stockholm

What is the easiest way to get to downtown Stockholm from the pier in Nynashamn ?  Coming in on Princess Ship, do they possibly offer a bus to downtown ? If anyone has suggestions on this, it would be much appreciated.

There is train service from Nynäshamn to Stockholm Central almost every half hour - the train ride takes an hour - the price is SEK 44 one way.  The station in Nynäshamn is within walking distance of the Cruise pier.
I do not know if Princess has a transfer bus - you might ask that question at the Princess board or the Roll Call. 

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 3/5/2022 at 6:25 AM, hallasm said:

There is train service from Nynäshamn to Stockholm Central almost every half hour - the train ride takes an hour - the price is SEK 44 one way.  The station in Nynäshamn is within walking distance of the Cruise pier.
I do not know if Princess has a transfer bus - you might ask that question at the Princess board or the Roll Call. 

I hope Carnival provides a shuttle on my upcoming July Baltic cruise, but if not, thank you for the above information.   Is currency - bills or coins - needed for the train fare?  Or are credit cards accepted?   

My cruise has two stops in Sweden (this one and Gotheburg) and in Copenhagen, and I am trying to decide if I need local currency for the countries that don't use euros.    I have no problem obtaining local currency if needed, but if credit cards are widely accepted even for small purchases (public transportation, maybe a bottle of water or a snack, maybe some postcards or other small souvenirs), that makes for easier planning.

@Joanne G.
You do not need local currency - almost everything can be paid with credit card. If you have a phone with data roaming the SJ app for Sweden or the DOT ticket app for Copenhagen is an easy solution.

You can purchase tickets at the web (print ticket) , App or ticket vending machines.
Only problem is public buss in Copenhagen - here only cash but tickets can be purchased at the kiosk at the terminal (Oceankaj) - might be a long queue so app will be convenient.

Edited by hallasm
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2023 at 12:07 AM, Desdichado62 said:

IIRC for some of the commuter trains stations  subway and some harbour ferries you can blip your card at the gates (spärrar/automatic barrier). However this only work for VISA, MasterCard and American Express

https://sl.se/en/in-english/fares--tickets/

Thank you!     From the information on that site, Apple Pay and Google Pay will work, too.  

• Like 1