Curtain Divider between bed and sofa - Koningsdam

JBCall

Hi all,

We are looking at one of the triple or quad VB rooms on the Koningsdam.  I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a curtain that can be drawn across the room to divide the area between the bed and the sofa?    Once the sofa bed is made up is there much room to get past it to the verandah?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, JBCall said:

Hi all,

We are looking at one of the triple or quad VB rooms on the Koningsdam.  I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a curtain that can be drawn across the room to divide the area between the bed and the sofa?    Once the sofa bed is made up is there much room to get past it to the verandah?

Thanks.

No, there are no curtains to draw.

You can get past the bed but it is a very tight squeeze.

@JBCallHere's a suggestion to consider.  The Pinnacle ships have Signature Suite layouts where the vanity/dressing area has a single Murphy bed.  There is a wall between that area and the main bed area.  If I had three people this is the room I would want!  It has more privacy than even the Neptune Suites as @CruiserBrucementioned.  No interference with the veranda at all.  Added plus is the much larger bathroom for three people.

Click the link to see the murphy bed area on the Koningsdam:

7105 – Koningsdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

A YouTube video:   HAL Koningsdam | Signature Suite Full Tour & Review 4K | Holland America Line - Bing video

That said, when I am solo or with a partner I sleep with I don't like the layout of the Pinnacle Class Signature Suites as the vanity area becomes "wasted space" in my opinion.  Older ship's Signature Suites are my favorite!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 2

🤔 I’m sure I have read somewhere on CC (not necessarily the HAL board) that someone had brought magnetic hooks and a shower curtain to divide the space by placing the hooks on the ceiling then hanging the curtain. 

JBCall, if it's just a shower curtain than the 15-20 lb hooks will of course work!  I mentioned it because some people use the hooks from the ceiling for hanging shelves or for hanging backpacks, etc.

Please let us know how the curtain plan works.  I think lots of people may try your plan.

~Nancy