Cozumel with Young Kids - Chankanaab, Santos or Paradise

pklein9747

We will be in Cozumel on the Caribbean Princess at the end of June.  Bringing whole family which includes 3 grandkids, ages 9, 8 & 3.  Suggestions for excursions?  We're looking at Chankanaab Park, Mr. Santos and Paradise Beach.  For those who have been to Santos & Paradise, would the inflatables be difficult for 9 & 8 year old to get on and enjoy?  Any pros or cons with any of the places.  Looking for fun, family atmosphere.  No loud music, drunk partying.  Thanks.

The inflatables at Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos should be okay for most 9&8 year olds who are comfortable in the water. Paradise is a bit more family friendly and offers a huge pool and better facilites.

Chankanaab is a great option for kids, but can get expensive (admission fees plus if the kids convince you to spring for swimming with the dolphins). It is a beach day experience plus the sea animals and good snorkeling from the shore.

Your call! 😎

Make sure that your cruise line will allow the 3 year old off the ship without a "bubble" excursion.  Many require that you take a ships excursion due to COVID restrictions on the islands.  I haven't been following the current rules since all of our party is vaccinated. 

We are also taking all our grands on a cruise in June--along with our kids/spouses.  We will be going to Paradise so we don't have to buy the all inclusive.  We will just do the pay as you go.   None of them have never been in the ocean and I am more comfortable with them having access to a pool for the day.  Ages 17-8.  We love Paradise Beach and have been many times.  

• Like 1

"Make sure that your cruise line will allow the 3 year old off the ship without a "bubble" excursion.  Many require that you take a ships excursion due to COVID restrictions on the islands.  I haven't been following the current rules since all of our party is vaccinated. "

Thanks, Arlodog.  I never gave this a thought.  As of right now, Princess does say that unvaccinated guests can only go ashore on a Princess excursion.  Maybe things will change by June.

At Paradise the water at the inflatables is probably about 6'-8' deep so they need to be decent swimmers. There are life vests there you can use, but I would imagine it would make it harder to climb up on some of them while wearing one. 

Otherwise, they should be fine with most of the inflatables but a couple the taller ones take some effort.