Disembarkation and covid testing

Sarahjane001

Following on from my post about covid testing pre cruise we booked our tests at CVS. Thank you to everyone that answered.

my next question is what about testing to enter the States. We are uk citizens on a visa living in the states year round. Do we need to get a test when entering the US  from a cruise? If so where do we get tested ? Is it on the boat or at the port? How do I arrange this? Sorry for all the questions but it’s my first cruise since before the pandemic and I’m finding all these procedures a little stressful 😑😑leaving March 10th

This remains a concern for those of us who are cruising in Europe and will be flying home to US. In our case our ship will be at sea the day before disembarking. The concern is, will we have time to disembark, collect our luggage, get our ride to the airport and get a Covid test? I have contacted Celebrity and they can’t verify if they will be conducting Covid test on the last day of cruise (at our expense). Nor can they confirm if testing sites will be at the port terminal when we arrive. Was considering taking the proctored tests with us and do the last evening of our cruise but since we will be at sea, the concern is will ship wifi be strong enough to do the test. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

This remains a concern for those of us who are cruising in Europe and will be flying home to US. In our case our ship will be at sea the day before disembarking. The concern is, will we have time to disembark, collect our luggage, get our ride to the airport and get a Covid test? I have contacted Celebrity and they can’t verify if they will be conducting Covid test on the last day of cruise (at our expense). Nor can they confirm if testing sites will be at the port terminal when we arrive. Was considering taking the proctored tests with us and do the last evening of our cruise but since we will be at sea, the concern is will ship wifi be strong enough to do the test. 

As long as you have the premium Internet I don't think you will have a problem.   There may be a dead spot here and there but you should be able to do it anytime the day before.   I would suggest either early or when early or late seating begin.      If you don't have a package you may be able to use your CC minutes.

If you have a Celluar Data plan you can also do it the morning of disembarkation after arrival in port but before disembarkation using your smart phone.

Same concern for us. We fly out of Rome on disembarkation day, but have an overnight in Lisbon, flying out the next morning to the USA.  According to United Airlines website, we need a test on disembarkation day, not the day before.  Celebrity website says tests will be conducted on disembarkation day in the port terminal.  Let’s hope!

All fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the opportunity to receive testing in the cruise port during disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. Details on testing registration will be provided onboard. Testing will be complimentary for guests with cruise reservations booked prior to November 16, 2021. For new bookings made on or after November 16, 2021, testing will be available for a per person fee. The cost for onsite cruise port testing starts at $99* per person.  Prices vary by port and test type. 

*Test prices are set by each vendor and not by Celebrity Cruises. Payments will be made directly to the vendor providing the service. Celebrity Cruises will not collect or retain any portion of this payment.

On 3/6/2022 at 1:18 PM, capsplace said:

All fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the opportunity to receive testing in the cruise port during disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. Details on testing registration will be provided onboard. Testing will be complimentary for guests with cruise reservations booked prior to November 16, 2021. For new bookings made on or after November 16, 2021, testing will be available for a per person fee. The cost for onsite cruise port testing starts at $99* per person.  Prices vary by port and test type. 

*Test prices are set by each vendor and not by Celebrity Cruises. Payments will be made directly to the vendor providing the service. Celebrity Cruises will not collect or retain any portion of this payment.

This is for North American sailings only, not European sailings. It is frustrating that the European sailing season is almost upon us and Celebrity has not yet announced the testing requirements and procedures yet. I have back to back sailings on Celebrity and Azamara. Azamara has their European protocols on their website. It provides a level of comfort, whereas Celebrity's silence does not.