Kids fully vaccinated but Royal seems to not know it.....

We're leaving on the Oasis 2 weeks from today.  We are all fully vaccinated, including my 10 and 11 year olds.

I completed online checking several weeks ago, including uploading proof of vaccination for everyone.  This went through the review, and was eventually marked with the green checkmark.

Last week I received a survey about our vaccination status.  I completed that for all of us indicating we were all fully vaccinated and willing to provide proof (which I thought was weird since we already had).

I just now received an email titled "Unvaccinated Guests: Register for your boarding day Antigen test today!" which says: "However, you may have received this email because you'll need to register the guest below as they are between the ages of 2 to 11 and are unvaccinated."  Both kids received this.  Seriously?  I am now on hold with customer service - but how can they be getting this so wrong?  How many times do we need to tell them?  Is this common, or is this just an issue for us?

Mike

21 minutes ago, mandream said:

We're leaving on the Oasis 2 weeks from today.  We are all fully vaccinated, including my 10 and 11 year olds.

I completed online checking several weeks ago, including uploading proof of vaccination for everyone.  This went through the review, and was eventually marked with the green checkmark.

Last week I received a survey about our vaccination status.  I completed that for all of us indicating we were all fully vaccinated and willing to provide proof (which I thought was weird since we already had).

I just now received an email titled "Unvaccinated Guests: Register for your boarding day Antigen test today!" which says: "However, you may have received this email because you'll need to register the guest below as they are between the ages of 2 to 11 and are unvaccinated."  Both kids received this.  Seriously?  I am now on hold with customer service - but how can they be getting this so wrong?  How many times do we need to tell them?  Is this common, or is this just an issue for us?

Mike

I have sailed twice this year and anyone sailing with kids 5-11 get that email. It's so they don't miss anyone. Easier for them to just send it out to everyone with kids 11 and under, then try and have a computer system determine who gets it and who doesn't. Easier to miss someone that way.

• Like 1

Just now, sford75 said:

I have sailed twice this year and anyone sailing with kids 5-11 get that email. It's so they don't miss anyone. Easier for them to just send it out to everyone with kids 11 and under, then try and have a computer system determine who gets it and who doesn't. Easier to miss someone that way.

Thank you!  I just got off the phone with customer service and she basically told me the same thing - however she was far less convincing than you. 

The rationale for sending it to everyone as you suggest makes a lot of sense.  The wording of the email seems to imply otherwise.  My guess is they may not have changed the text since 5-11 year olds became eligible for the vaccine.

Feel much better better now.

Mike

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mandream said:

Mike

We got the same email and we are all vaccinated.

Nothing to worry about - take your vaccination cards and you'll be fine!!!

This is definitely RC's weak spot with the protocols.

Our son is vaccinated and we're checked into our cruise with vax cards approved.

Yet we still got the "please give us your vax status" and "please schedule your unvax kid test" emails.

I get that they go to everyone, but all that does is cause confusion.

• Like 1

We sailed on RC last fall and I must have gotten a dozen emails about our vaccination status.  Filled it out the first three times they sent it and then just ignored it after that.  We showed up to the port with RC still thinking my wife was unvaccinated but we showed the vaccination card at the terminal.

2 hours ago, mandream said:

Even if you have the green checkmark and it says your vaccination proof is approved you will still need to show the vaccination cards when you board the ship. At least that was my experience boarding Oasis, I said we were already approved but they said they needed to see the card anyway. Make sure you bring your vaccine cards!

1 hour ago, OrlandoTrio said:

We showed up to the port with RC still thinking my wife was unvaccinated but we showed the vaccination card at the terminal.

Welcome to CC and RCI way to keep up the suspense.

• Like 1

This is typical RCI IT systems and poor coding.

It would be EASY to make the system compare vax status and send out the email to ONLY those who need it.  

But it seems their 3rd grade coding staff cannot manage to so a simple IT task.

And I apologize to 3rd graders. 😄

Thanks all.  I have no problem with them always sending the email.

I think they could clear up MUCH confusion by changing the wording from: 

you'll need to register the guest below as they are between the ages of 2 to 11 and are unvaccinated.

to 

you'll need to register the guest below IF they are between the ages of 2 to 11 and are unvaccinated.

It's difficult enough to stay on top of all the requirements we do need to follow, let alone adding in requirements that we don't need to follow - and know which is which.....

Anyway, all cleared up for now.

Mike

• Like 1