Seattle Pre-Cruise Hotel Recommendation

islesdave

On 6/2/2023 at 11:12 AM, jackinelgin said:

We are staying at the Mediterranean on 6/24 before leaving on the Westerdam the next day. We are arriving late morning and they will let you drop your luggage til your room is ready.

The Mediterranean is very nice.  My wife typically stays there when she has to visit her home office in Seattle.  It is walking distance to her office.  Neighborhood is basically pretty decent, you are on the edge of Belltown and lower Queen Ann.  But I warn you, Seattle is looking pretty rough these days.  The Emerald City isn't nearly as shiny as it used to be.  I can't speak to the parking situation at the Med., but I'd call their front desk and talk with them.  We get so reliant on web sites and impersonal booking systems that we forget all you have to do is pick up the phone and call a place and the front desk clerk or concierge will generally give you good advice, especially if you call during the normal business day where you get that hotel's "A" team.

On 5/30/2023 at 11:01 PM, Octavias said:

Thank you!  I will check it out.  

I did find one a little closer to pier 91 that (I’m told) does a park and cruise/fly.  Has anyone heard of the Warwick hotel?  Apparently they do a package that includes parking and breakfast.  Are they clean and safe though? 

The Warwick is a noted property in Seattle.  It is at least 4 stars if not better.  Building is a bit of an architectural landmark.  Not old architecture, but more modern.  Very distinct looking.  Not sure when it was built, I think in the 60s.  It has its own private parking garage which is limited access.  Catalytic converter theft in Seattle is a huge problem, so whatever vehicle parking you choose needs to be something that is reasonably secure and off street.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 7:31 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

I like the Mayflower.  It is close to the Monorail and the light rail station (about 2 blocks).  If you want to walk to Pike Place Market from the Mayflower, it is easy to just walk to it avoiding the sketchy 3rd & Pine intersection by walking down Stewart Street.   There is a drug store, Bartell's also close by where you buy sundries, snacks or wine.

https://mayflowerpark.com/things-to-do-in-seattle/

The Mayflower also has a great restaurant which serves a great breakfast, and Oliver's a fun place for Happy Hour drinks (and old school windows which are Instagram worthy).  

https://mayflowerpark.com/seattle-hotel-dining/

Yes! Stayed there 4 days last month. Great hotel, easy walkability (even with having to get thru 3rd&Pine-daylight hours ok). Took monorail to Spaceneedle, MoPop etc. walked to Pike Place for breakfast every day, walk back up hill not that bad lol. Did Oliver’s HH twice. Good appetizers. 

Highly recommend getting an Orca card-super easy to do, set up online account and load $ in as you need for light rail, monorail, bus. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 7:20 AM, SSAtlantic said:

Any hotel suggestions for a late arrival overnight stay prior to Princess cruise? Also, would we be better off staying near the airport with a longer trip in the morning to Pier 99 or a longer trip to a hotel after a late night arrival on a Friday night? Due to work/grad school we cannot come in any earlier. Thanks. 

depends on how much luggage you are toting, if you stay at a hotel near the airport, you can take the Light Rail into Seattle the next morning.  Exit Westlake center, then go into any hotel and ask to get a cab, or hail a ride share from your app to the pier.

• 1 month later...

We stayed at the Even hotel in Seattle, on July 21st.  It was reasonably priced compared to other hotels.  We paid $335.  When I was price shopping, most hotels were going between $500-700. It is an IHG property. 

It was very nice.  The hotel and rooms were very clean and stylish.  They focus on Wellness, so our room had Yoga mats and balls (which we did not use...)Shower pressure was really good!  It was about a 20 minute walk to the Space Needle/Seattle Center.  Uber rides from around the downtown area ran about $11.

The restaurant was good.  No swimming pool, but!  It had a really fun outdoor courtyard area, with comfortable seating in different spots, firepits, games like corn hole, etc.

It is about 15-20 minutes to Pier 91 and I think about 10 minutes to pier 66.

We would stay there again.

Edited by fabuloso

We are looking for something a little upscale for our group of 7 with some modern flair.  So far looking at Westin, Hotel Andra (seen nothing mentioned about this one), and Kimpton Monaco.  This is 50th birthday celebration before our cruise to Alaska in June so looking to stay somewhere nice and walking distance to tourist attractions. Any input is welcome.

35 minutes ago, AMUSE71 said:

We are looking for something a little upscale for our group of 7 with some modern flair.  So far looking at Westin, Hotel Andra (seen nothing mentioned about this one), and Kimpton Monaco.  This is 50th birthday celebration before our cruise to Alaska in June so looking to stay somewhere nice and walking distance to tourist attractions. Any input is welcome.

For upscale (and if price is no issue!) Highly recommend the Lotte. It's downtown but about a 10-15 minute walk to Pike Place, but it's one of the top hotels we've stayed at. The Olympic Fairmount is classic old school Seattle.  I've never stayed there but have done work happy hours at their bar and it's lovely. We just stayed at the Astra in South Lake Union a few weeks back and it's more of a modern upscale luxury.  

We have coworkers that stay at the Monaco- it's very nice but rooms tend to be a bit smaller. 

The Westin is in a great location and clean, but a bit dated. 

Edited by psuboater

• 5 weeks later...

I have not been able to read all these posts but have a question for the knowledgable Seattle members. We are an older couple with "not so good knees". We have stayed in Seattle 10 years ago when much fitter but now we would like to keep the walking up and down hills to a minimum.  Like most people we would love to stay close enough to Pike Market and was wondering if you could give us an idea of which hotels to choose from that are more or less on the level, or just not a steep uphill climb to get to?

Edited by zebra

4 hours ago, zebra said:

I have not been able to read all these posts but have a question for the knowledgable Seattle members. We are an older couple with "not so good knees". We have stayed in Seattle 10 years ago when much fitter but now we would like to keep the walking up and down hills to a minimum.  Like most people we would love to stay close enough to Pike Market and was wondering if you could give us an idea of which hotels to choose from that are more or less on the level, or just not a steep uphill climb to get to?

The Westin immediately comes to mind, and even closer to the market is The Thompson. There's also the Inn at Market which is right on top of Pike Place. Most of Aves are flat, the cross streets can be hilly. The nice thing is if the one cross street is too hilly for you, go one or two more blocks and it's much flatter. 

• Like 1