Labadee Clamshell Beach Lounger for 2?

ValerieJo

We are headed to Labadee next week and I have rented one of the Clamshell Beach Loungers.  I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where these are located.  Where should we head when we get off the ship?   Thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

We are considering renting one of those also.  Please let me know about their location and if you are isolated from other activities, food, etc. on Labadee.  We don't want to walk a log way to reach the "clamshell".

Thank you,

1 hour ago, Terpsfan1 said:

We are considering renting one of those also.  Please let me know about their location and if you are isolated from other activities, food, etc. on Labadee.  We don't want to walk a log way to reach the "clamshell".

Thank you,

We are back from our cruise and did end up renting the "Clamshell" for two.  These are located on Adrenaline Beach.  There is a tram that will take you near the loungers.  There is a little bit of a walk, but not terribly far.  You will need to get there early if you want a waterfront location.

While we loved the Clamshell, we would probably not rent one again.  I felt the location was disappointing.  The beach was very small and rocky, plus you share the beach with others who have not rented the clamshells.  It's definitely not a private reserved area.  Perhaps it was my mistake to assume that it was.  Another disadvantage is it's very far from the food/lunch.  If you don't want to go in the water or don't care about walking to the lunch area then, you might want to still consider renting one.

The next time we go to Labadee, I would just take the tram to the end of Adrenaline Beach to where the floating Tiki Bar is and grab some chairs in that area.

Again, we loved the idea of the clamshells, just wish they were in a better location.

Hope that helps.

18 hours ago, Terpsfan1 said:

Thank you. That has been very helpful.  Is it possible to get chairs near the floating Tiki Bar?  Can you rent umbrellas?

I don't know for sure if there is a charge, however it looked like chairs and umbrellas were available on a first come, first served basis.

• 1 month later...

Just back from Labadee and there were plenty of lounge chairs with umbrellas at the beach near the floating tiki bar. I was on Harmony and it did get crowded, but my husband and I got off the ship first thing and got front row chairs. The clamshell chairs for purchase are not worth it in my opinion unless you don’t want to get off the ship until later in the day. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We haven't been to Labadee post covid, but we're going in 2023.  I was wondering about the shade situation.  Last time we were there the free lounge chairs did not have umbrellas so you had to rent a bed, cabana, etc to get some shade.  We got a cabana at Columbus Cove and loved it.  The sand wasn't too rocky and the cabanas are at the end of the beach so the sand in front of them was roped off to keep it semi private.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 12:34 PM, kabenov said:

We haven't been to Labadee post covid, but we're going in 2023.  I was wondering about the shade situation.  Last time we were there the free lounge chairs did not have umbrellas so you had to rent a bed, cabana, etc to get some shade.  We got a cabana at Columbus Cove and loved it.  The sand wasn't too rocky and the cabanas are at the end of the beach so the sand in front of them was roped off to keep it semi private.

Those are considered "bungalows" at Columbus Cove, rather than "cabanas".  

I've been to Labadee since COVID, and they've added a LOT of umbrellas to the free loungers.  Seemed like there was more shade from trees, too. 

IMG_20220512_105113876_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220512_105127662_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you for all the information. We are headed there in Jan 2023. 1st time there. Are there "free" loungers? we won't be using them all day as we will probably explore any of the hiking trails, too.

36 minutes ago, casamer said:

Thank you for all the information. We are headed there in Jan 2023. 1st time there. Are there "free" loungers? we won't be using them all day as we will probably explore any of the hiking trails, too.

Yes, plenty of free loungers all around the area.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:56 AM, casamer said:

All of the loungers pictured in my post above are free.  Same with the umbrellas. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2022 at 9:23 AM, ValerieJo said:

Again, we loved the idea of the clamshells, just wish they were in a better location.

Hope that helps.

When I was researching, I noticed that not all clamshells had a good view, so we got a daybed instead.  We loved it, and would definitely do it again!  Note, we are all about 1- good view 2 - comfy shady spot for DH 3 - comfy sunny spot for me 4 - proximity to a bar 5 - not a lot of people around us.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2022 at 11:29 PM, brillohead said:

Those are considered "bungalows" at Columbus Cove, rather than "cabanas".  

I've been to Labadee since COVID, and they've added a LOT of umbrellas to the free loungers.  Seemed like there was more shade from trees, too. 

IMG_20220512_105113876_HDR.jpg

Hi!  I have a couple of questions for you.  Do you have an idea of how much the bungalows were at Columbus Cove?  Also, are these pictures from Columbus Cove?   Thanks.

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

Hi!  I have a couple of questions for you.  Do you have an idea of how much the bungalows were at Columbus Cove?  Also, are these pictures from Columbus Cove?   Thanks.

Prices vary based on the sailing, but they are usually in the $200-$600 range.

Here are some pictures from the Columbus Cove beach area.

IMG_20220512_154844208_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220512_154901091_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220512_154907425.jpg

• Thanks 1