Stateroom Soap Situation...

Triptkr

What does Viking provide in the stateroom bathrooms for soap at the sink?  I remember having bar soap about 9 months ago but am curious if this is always the case.  Has anyone ever asked for liquid soap and was it provided?  

Thanks!

No idea what brand the soap is, but it is replaced as needed and is not hugely perfumed. 

Didn't aggravate my perfume sensitive skin, I take my own shampoo as I have found this must be unperfumed, but KBs dad thought the provided was fine

7 hours ago, KBs mum said:

No idea what brand the soap is, but it is replaced as needed and is not hugely perfumed. 

Didn't aggravate my perfume sensitive skin, I take my own shampoo as I have found this must be unperfumed, but KBs dad thought the provided was fine

If memory is correct the soaps are made by Freya/Freja.

• Like 3

I am a liquid soap person - I hate the mess of bar soap.  I don't consider body wash an acceptable soap alternative.  I packed my own liquid soap (in a pump dispenser) when I went to Iceland on Viking last summer.  I'll be doing it again in June to Norway.

Edited by temerarious

• 4 weeks later...

I also am a liquid soap preferred person... the foaming kind.... so I am packing an empty soap dispenser and 3-4 oz of foaming soap in a spill-proof (I hope) container so get us through our 8 day cruise.   On our trans-Atlantic Viking cruise I took a filled foaming soap container and put  it safely in a sneaker in my suitcase ... it leaked !!

15 hours ago, Let Me Travel! said:

The provided shop, shampoo and conditioner are lovely…they don’t dry-out skin or hair and they have a lovely light scent…can’t wait to use them again!

Perhaps it’s just me, but the shampoo’s scent seems to get more intense after it leaves the ship.  Or so I am told 😉

• Haha 1

I bring the Moringa shower gel from the Body Shop and then cuz I’m on the cheap side I pour some into a Dollarama flip top and I’m good to go. In fact, I have some packed in my suitcase right now. Because I’m good to go. And in 624 hours from now we will be gone!  😎😎