3/7/2022 Transportation Canada Announcement for Cruise Travel

Nanatravel

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/03/preventing-or-limiting-the-spread-of-covid-19-on-cruise-ships.html?fbclid=IwAR0EHOSGZulnP3gX1ZGt420vv16fFUb1N4xfuyzeSQJz4Vjjr0qfdLWgaCM

Hopefully this will help those planning to sail New England Canada itineraries this Summer and Fall  as well as Alaska cruises.

• Like 2

Thank you for this post.  We are on RCCL out of Baltimore to NE/Canada in Aug 2022.  I realize we have to arrange for our own testing to board the ship, but I hope that RCCL will arrange for any testing we need to disembark for touring in St. John and Halifax.

I just got a personal email from Princess cruise lines about their upcoming Alaska/Canadian and New England/Canadian cruises. It looks like you will be able to do your pre-embarkation Covid 19 PCR test  days (72 hours) or Rapid Antigen test up to 24 hours before sailing.  (This is how it was for our recent Caribbean cruise except for the length of pre-cruise time. Ports or islands who demanded a Covid test 24 hours before in transit disembarkation were skipped.)  It sounded like no further on-board testing would be required as long as you are fully vaccinated and are showing no signs of illness.

10 hours ago, Nanatravel said:

It sounded like no further on-board testing would be required as long as you are fully vaccinated and are showing no signs of illness.

If your final destination is a Canadian port, then a test will be required before disembarkation.

25 minutes ago, daisy-mae said:

If your final destination is a Canadian port, then a test will be required before disembarkation.

Thank you for a clarification.  

On our cruise and at Canadian ports, we will be in transit returning to Boston.

50 minutes ago, daisy-mae said:

Yeah - and if you test positive, it says you quarantine in Canada for 14-days before you can fly home.

That would be a total deal breaker for our cruise out of Vancouver.  Can't risk getting stuck in Canada for 2 weeks.  I sure hope there is some clarification/modification to that aspect of their requirements.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kstetser said:

That would be a total deal breaker for our cruise out of Vancouver.  Can't risk getting stuck in Canada for 2 weeks.  I sure hope there is some clarification/modification to that aspect of their requirements.

We feel the same way. Can't risk getting stuck in a hotel room in Vancouver during the last few weeks of summer...

4 hours ago, Nanatravel said:

Thank you for a clarification.  

On our cruise and at Canadian ports, we will be in transit returning to Boston.

Unfortunately, I don't think a return to the US counts as in transit, as you will be leaving the port and entering the country in order to access the airport.

19 hours ago, daisy-mae said:

Unfortunately, I don't think a return to the US counts as in transit, as you will be leaving the port and entering the country in order to access the airport.

Sorry but No Daisy, we continue on our cruise with port stops both in Canadian territory and USA back to Boston. That's what in-transit means.  It is not a One Way cruise that I am on. 

Now some do cruises like that often out of NYC.